Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: have any of you own or shot these..

Sniper 296 Guest

have any of you own or shot these..

I am after a pure hunter, budget of around £300/350.

I am looking at a few, but would like some real life reveiws on what these are like for hunting, will all be in .22 unless stated.

Logun S16
    Logun Solo
    Gunpower Stealth
    Gunpower Storm
    Fulcan FN12
    BSA S10 Carbine

I know you guys say, its how it feels but still would like some comments on the above rifles..

cheers fir the help

Mart

Hell - why not go the whole hog and post a poll?

Falcon or super 10

S16 I have heard a few stories about and the Stealth range are a bit pants. (Landswerhr will back me up on that!)

I have had both a Falcon FN12 and the S10, I found the S10 heavy although it wasnt a carbine. The advantage would be more shots per fill though

Hi
    Air Arms S400 or a BSA Hornet. Top quality hunters and at a far better price, forget the rest.
    Steve Topp Brain-finger, Brain-finger, Finger- brain DOOH
    REDFEARNS FTC
    Air Arms Owners Club

Sniper 296 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tyke
    Hi
    Air Arms S400 or a BSA Hornet. Top quality hunters and at a far better price, forget the rest.
    I am getting S400 for HFT and I don't want two cos' I'll get bored... and the hornet I don't like the cock mech.... sorry thanks for the help though

Get a Falcon or even a Fulcan

Kev
    You laugh at me because I'm strange I laugh at you because your stupid!
    A Turkey is for Christmas not for life.

I found the Falcon to be a very good gun,the super ten is also very good as has been said it is very heavy.I would say the S10 over the falcon due to shots per fill and if you shoot alot you can have an extra bottle on you,so you don't need to return to the car.

RemMag is offline We're getting married, Weevie and me.
    I would go with S10 carbine. I have one, and its cracking. The shots per fill is great (about 190-210) and it is easy to grab an extra buddy bottle (BSA sometime have factory seconds available with shoddy bluing, great value). It's pretty damn quiet too. The more 'enclosed' bolt and magazine system is far more crud proof than others, and mine always function flawlessly.

Being a buddy bottle rifle, it is far more suitable to FAC power levels, should you ever choose that route.

Some people say its heavy, but unless your built like a fairy you'll be fine.

Davestate has a Stealth for sale on here. It has all the modifications done it needs. It is also camo-dipped and got a bipod too. If you really wanted to go the whole hog you could fit a 18 or 24" barrel. Buy it, It's a bargain.
    John
    Rule are for the guidance of wise men and the unswerving obedience of fools!

Smile Falcon Lighthunter

Had mine 4 years never had any problems ,holds it's accuracy, easy to load
    ( single shot ). Very quiet and so much so that at first I remember doubting that the power was there. It is ! Only go for head shots on ratty and squiggle and the other day I missed at about 15 yds..Put a 1/2 inch biro circle on a cardboard box at 30 yds and lined up 5 superdomes for a group firing. First shot seemed to miss but then I realized it was black hole on black biro! The other four missed by 1/4 inch left, but then thats always how I miss
    anyway when I lean on a door frame, poor old beggar!!
    Anyway , I like my Falcon a lot. I don't like the cheap looking gold "Falcon" logo on the later stocks and thats about all.
    I understand the multishot is not as good as the single so I'm looking for a .177 multi probably in another make.

Hunting Rifle

Hi Mart, if you fancy a military styled rifle, consider, the RWS Cutlas (almost the same as the Logun Domin8or but a lot cheaper).

Lightweight, easy to carry all day and ideal for fitting heavy nv scopes to, 8 shot magazines only £15 each, fast firing, accurate, and a good 100 shots @ 12 ft/lb per fill. Without fancy woodwork you won't have to worry about the inevitable knocks and scrapes, when hunting.

Also has an air pressure guage, three power settings and a removable air cylinder so you can carry a full one spare if you need 200 shots.

Regards

Ben

Stealth

I've got a stealth had it a couple of years and have found it to be a nightmare in the field. Sounds like like it's unsilenced even with a logun silencer on the end. The silencer's working fine though because without it the Stealth sounds like a rimfire going off. Found that air escaping around the bolt/breach causes much of the noise and makes it nearly impossible to quieten (yes I've replaced the seals).The other problem I've had is that the power level keeps jumping about all over the place anywhere from 7ft/lb to 23ft/lb!! and this is on non FAC rifle. Finally resolved this by loctiting the top hat in place.
    On the plus side I've heard of people who have near silent stealth's although the Shadow is the quietest of the range out of the box. A fully charged buddy bottle can be good for 180 shots and if you want a rifle you can attach loads to this is definitely one to look at. There is a great website put up by Bob Craske which shows you how to strip and maintain this rifle http://perso.wanadoo.fr/linegeist/home.htm (worth a look). And the rifle has a great following in the states where it is known as a Talon or Talon SS which are actually the Storm and Shadow variants over here. It is well suited to FAC power levels and on the occasions that mine has drifted up towards the mid twenty ft/lb levels it's key holed targets at 60yds while clamped in a bench. I'm in the process of tinkering with mine to make it quieter and more accurate and possibly taking it down a calibre to .20 which I hope will better suit it.
    IMHO this rifle is overpriced for what you actually get. The finish and material aren't very good quality. There seems to be massive inconsistency in performance between any two guns out of the box. The accessories are overpriced ie £40+ for the silencer which has no baffles and is of the tin can design (You need to get an adaptor to fit a standard 1/2"UNF silencer - B.A.R. stock them @£20). After sales service is a nightmare I've sat with the phone ringing for twenty minutes before giving up. Again IMO If they brought the price down a bit and the production quality up a bit this could be a great little entry level pcp. As it is it's out classed by the competitors ie air arms s200, BSA hornet, Air Arms TDR etc which all retail around the same price and are better quality.
    Hope this essay of mine is of some help
    Chris

Gary C Guest
    Get a 410 and use it for both.

Logun S16
    Stealth
    BSA S10 Carbine

The Stealth was crap.......poor grouping and deafening cause the valve is open and very close to your ear (yes it was the later version with the more accurate barrel).
    BSA S10 Carbine was a nice gun but needed a better silencer to quieten in down a bit, wasn't too mad on the trigger but it did group well out to 45 yards then they tended to open up a bit. Did have 1 mag that would miss a few pellets tho.
    I found the S16 to be a very accurate and quiet gun and had no problems with the mag system, the trigger was quite nice as well (bit fussy on triggers, spoilt by my FT rifles) only sold it cause the tip closed where I used to go shooting rats.

HTH.

Colin.

I have a s10BB carbine(177) and its lighter than the normal version although the number of shots is greatly reduced, but for a hunter thats more than enough. its still IMHO a bit front heavy but i plan to bullpup it at a later date which has the advantage of better balance. and iam happy with it. the only advice i can offer really is get yourself to a good gunshop and try to handle these rifles so that you can feel which rifle handles best to you. Good luck in your choice.