Thread: Consistency of springer muzzle velocities

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Used a Combro, but fixed it carefully with a little BluTak, and gripped the mout hard when test firning to minimise relative movement between the barrel and the Combro
    Antoni - this has been done to death in other recent posts, but you might find that more meaningful readings are achieved if (a) you hold the Combro on with insulating tape and (b) hold the butt firmly (e.g. against a tree or very firmly into your shoulder) to ensure that recoil is controlled consistently. If you have the rifle held loosely, readings will be very variable. Works for me.
    Last edited by severnsider; 31-05-2011 at 05:35 AM.

Iv read that with the little sunshades on the sensors it decreases the accuracy but it doesnt say how much I read it in the manual of my combro version 4
    good deals with:iaan

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!

Thanks Each:

What's the accuracy like? Dunno, I reckon the gun's more accurate than I am - as yet.

Readings so far? Not so much 3fps spread, more like 3ftlbs spread...

I am getting just abt 1" groups at 25 yds.

I heard: "Never allow sillicone within 6 mles of a paint shop". Thanks for the warning re anti-lubrication properties thereof.

Pure gold Mr. HW77. Ta for the Excel template too.

Thanks for the Hatsan .25 numbers.

I knew the Combro concept has limitations with springers, and wanted to show I'd tried to address them. Thanks for the pointers.

HW77 results

FYI, 77 results were taken on a Skan pro 1 series 3 chrono. Let me know if you would like any more data from other spring guns.

I would say it's likely to be the piston head if it's inconsistant.
    Break your backs and crack your oars men! If you wish to prevail.