Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any drulov owners here?

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?

Any drulov owners here?

I have one of these rapid fire pistols, but I cannot find a pellet which I can load in a multiple of 5 which wil shoot properly in sequence.

They either all fire at once (interesting downrange) or in two groups of 2 and 3.

I've tried expensive H&N target flatheads, cheap hobby's, and almost anything else flathead. Weirdly jsb roundheads worked the best (2 1st shot then the rest ok)

So- what has worked best for you or do I have a fault with the pistol? And if so how do I cure it?

Thinking out loud as it were, when I got it I adjusted the power to the max as per the manual (as you do ) , could this be an issue?

Thanks in advance for any help
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    My Eagle and Condors all work well with Gecos, the Gecos also give me six shots, not five
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

OK, thanks for that

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to
    If I remember rightly there is a way of adjusting the magazine for length of pellet - I might be wrong as it has been a while since I sold mine. Mine hated to be shot at higher velocity as well, and you might want to see if the trigger needs adjusting.

Lee
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.

As with Nick's mine feeds Gecos very well and will do 6 pellets reliably, but it's best with JSB Exact Express. It feeds them flawlessly and will even take 7 in the mag! Blatting off the lot in 1.5 secs is quite fun.

Mine is quite happy with Gecos but I have also tried Umarex Mosquitos and again no problems, it fires six in quick succession with no hitches.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

So how do these work? Are they true semi auto?

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    So how do these work? Are they true semi auto?
    see for yourself on youtube

but drozd airguns r more fun

http://s430.photobucket.com/albums/q...ntrolledFA.mp4

thats how the americans have them ...pritty kool hey

Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    Blatting off the lot in 1.5 secs is quite fun.
    Not half! and you get some funny looks from others on the range.

I found a thread on an American Forum a while back (TargetTalk I think) that said these can be quite sensitive to pellet headsize. As the "magazine" has the pellets stacked in line, to get the CO2 pressure behind the first pellet it has to go around the head of the next in line.
    If the headsize is too big it tends to send off a few or all of them at once.
    Daystate Mk4, Daystate X2 Merlyn, Weihrauch HW77k, Weihrauch HW35E, Benelli Kite

Quote Originally Posted by whitevanman574 View Post
    see for yourself on youtube
    Any particular video dude? I've already looked and seen some pretty good vids but I was just unclear as to how the mechanism operates.

I used to have one of those but sold it a few months ago due to lack of use. A fun and accurate pistol but just did not get used. It was nice to hang some Coke cans from a tree outside and shoot a quick string at those at, say, 15 or 20 metres.

Getting a reliable firing of only one pellet at a time was a bit fiddly but I did manage it. Power adjustment was critical there, if memory serves me right full power was not the best option.

For some reason mine worked best with the cheap RWS Gecos but after fiddling with the power other light RWS pellets worked as well. Might be that 4.49 mm headsize was the way to go (though the Gecos don't seem to be so carefully sorted).

One of the reasons I had to adjust the power down was that with full power I could not get anything near 60 shots per 12 g capsule. My experience was also that when power starts to go down as the capsule is emptied or the mechanism freezes in continued rapid shooting, the pistol would also start to fire a number of pellets at a burst. A bit fiddly piece of kit, yes, but once dialled in, it would work quite OK.

Cheers,

-Topi

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Our club has one in its stock of club guns, its nothing to do with the pellets, the problem occurs when the speed is wound up to far and/or the trigger is set too fine. If you set the speed down and set the trigger with a bit of creep the problem is resolved.
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Our club has one in its stock of club guns, its nothing to do with the pellets, the problem occurs when the speed is wound up to far and/or the trigger is set too fine. If you set the speed down and set the trigger with a bit of creep the problem is resolved.
    Robin
    Same thing happens with a Zastava power and trigger adjustment is the key.
    Zastava Owners Club.

Just passing on what I've read.

"However; it is sensitive to pellet diameter which must be 4.50 mm in diameter or the CO2 will catch the skirt of the one before the first and fire several rounds at the same time. The gas travels from the back, over the pellets and fires the first one in line. Making this a very robust feeding system but quite sensitive to pellet diameter."
    Topgun-airguns

"They aren't kidding when they say you need properly sized pellets to work in this pistol. If your pellet skirt is too large, the unique magazine style will cause the gun to fire more than one pellet at a time."
    PyramidAir

"VERY selective on pellet diameter,this gun is good with crosman premier domed because the pellet diameter is smaller than the 4.5mm that causes the gun to fire 2 pellets at a time"
    Airgunforum (canada)
    Last edited by Greenwing; 31-05-2011 at 12:31 PM.
    Daystate Mk4, Daystate X2 Merlyn, Weihrauch HW77k, Weihrauch HW35E, Benelli Kite

Thank you all for your very helpful information. I will make a few adjustments and try a 'loose' pellet.