Thread: Webley Senior Valuation please..

Webley Senior Valuation please..

Hi Chaps,

Could you help me with the age and approximate value of a Webley Senior please?

This is a .22 Senior, with original box, and remaining pellets.
    Serial number (On muzzle end of cylinder, and under left grip) 2235.
    It's works just fine (Less than a full tin of pellets through it) bluing is pretty good apart from some very minor and light pitting on right side of cylinder, and a tiny chip off the bottom edges of both grips.

BTW, the price label reads....'£7/5/6d' (Seven pounds five shillings and sixpence.)

Some photo's, the photo's show what is left of the original 500 pellets.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/641/img0727uk.jpg
    http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/448/img0728p.jpg
    http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/4506/img0729nc.jpg
    http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/96/img0730e.jpg
    http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9766/img0731cx.jpg
    http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/8748/img0732fc.jpg
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

No one?
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

I'd have thought about £185 to sell quite fast.....

Webley Senior

This is the post-war model and the box shown was introduced in 1958, so this dates it between 1958 and 1964. The number is a batch number rather than a true Serial Number. The pellet tin shown is a collectors item and I have seen this type sell for £30 or much more on the bay depending on condition. The gun looks to be in very nice condition, but really needs to be seen for an accurate valuation. As a set I would value it at £240 min. but I imagine other collectors will have their own views.
    Last edited by webman; 08-06-2011 at 05:20 PM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    As a set I would value it at £240 min. but I imagine other collectors will have their own views.
    ...... Great big bloomin' ditto.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

This is the post-war model and the box shown was introduced in 1958, so this dates it between 1958 and 1964. The number is a batch number rather than a true Serial Number. The pellet tin shown is a collectors item and I have seen this type sell for £30 or much more on the bay depending on condition. The gun looks to be in very nice condition, but really needs to be seen for an accurate valuation. As a set I would value it at £240 min. but I imagine other collectors will have their own views.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    ...... Great big bloomin' ditto.
    Crikey Guys! I didn't think it would be worth that much, so in the region of £240 to include the pellet tin.
    That leaves me with the dilemma of 'Should i sell/swop or should i keep'? I'm not really in to springers, i'm more of a PCP man, but it is a rather nice gun.
    Guess i'll have to have a little ponder on this one.
    Thanks for your advice.

Lovely pistol. I saw a similar boxed Senior in a near perfect box sell for £185 at the recent Bisley Phoenix fair. That was without the round orange tin you have, mind you, so the valuation of £240 is not going to be too wide of the mark.

Kind regards,

John

Webley senior

Not an expert on pellet tins, but I believe this tin predates the era of this pistol
    by a good few years?

Not in a position to access my books at present.

Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Lovely pistol. I saw a similar boxed Senior in a near perfect box sell for £185 at the recent Bisley Phoenix fair. That was without the round orange tin you have, mind you, so the valuation of £240 is not going to be too wide of the mark.

Kind regards,

John
    Thanks John.

Quote Originally Posted by CHJF177 View Post
    Not an expert on pellet tins, but I believe this tin predates the era of this pistol
    by a good few years?

Not in a position to access my books at present.

Chris.
    That's interesting Chris, i'd like to know the approximate age of the tin.

Pellet tin

I'm no expert on pellet tins, but Gordon Bruce says that this type of tin was replaced by the white tins with the green or orange quadrant after 1958. Chris Thrale states that your tin pattern was available in the 1950s and early 1960s. I remember these days, but was too poor to buy Webley pellets! I had to make do with Milbro cup types for my Gat pistol.

I'm no expert on pellet tins, but Gordon Bruce says that this type of tin was replaced by the white tins with the green or orange quadrant after 1958. Chris Thrale states that your tin pattern was available in the 1950s and early 1960s. I remember these days, but was too poor to buy Webley pellets! I had to make do with Milbro cup types for my Gat pistol.
    I always wanted a Webley pistol as a youngster, all i got was a GAT!

Isn't it strange how your childhood shapes your hobbies. I also wanted a Webley pistol as a youngster, but my parents hadn't got the spare cash. We sometimes forget how expensive these guns were compared to the weekly wage. Now I'm a grown-up kid, I can have what I want, so I've got loads of them.

Isn't it strange how your childhood shapes your hobbies. I also wanted a Webley pistol as a youngster, but my parents hadn't got the spare cash. We sometimes forget how expensive these guns were compared to the weekly wage. Now I'm a grown-up kid, I can have what I want, so I've got loads of them.
    Ah...so that's two of us then! and I guess we're not alone either.

Quote Originally Posted by CHJF177 View Post
    Ah...so that's two of us then! and I guess we're not alone either.
    No that's three of us Chris! These days i'm more of a CO2 pistol enthusiast.