Thread: Zeroing at 25 yards for 100 yard shooting

Zeroing at 25 yards for 100 yard shooting

Good evening gentlemen, could anyone help me please? Sometime in the past few weeks I saw a thread started by someone asking for methods of zeroing at 25 yards to shoot at 100 yards and various replies to the thread,I remembered somewhere having some NSRA sighter cards with a zero mark for 100 nd 200 yards on them and have taken a photo and uploaded it to photobucket but cant find the original post, I have sat here for an hour now browsing but cant find the thread and search isnt working,, I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction for the thread so I can reply please, I really am going to have to learn how to search on here it will be very useful.
    Many thanks in advance for anyone who knows how to help me out
    ATB Martini
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    We have some of those at our club,if you would like me to send you one let me know.
    neale
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

When I did the club instructors course I was told that you need 8 MOA (Minutes Of Angle) elevation to go from 25 yards to 100 yards

so if your sights are the old Anschutz 1/8 MOA per click you should need 64 clicks, or
    the newer sights at 10MOA will be 80 clicks and 160 clicks for 20MOA.

HTH
    Alan

My club is another that uses the sighter cards - an utter waste of money, as I'm the only person to shoot 50m/100 yards.

The 100 yard zero mark is exactly 2in high of the centre pip.

25 to 100 yards

Well, when shooting silhouettes, my T/C with a 22 cal 10 inch match barrel is 6 inches down at 100 yards from the POI at 25 yards. That is using Eley yellow box or Wolf Match Target ammo.

In AJ.s Book of the Rifle he says 28 quarter minute clicks for 25 to 100 yards so yes 8 minutes. Using 1050 fps ammo.
    Graham
    Last edited by manxteddy; 30-06-2011 at 09:25 AM.
    Designer of BASC Logo