Thread: Photocopy please

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Smile Photocopy please

Could anyone send me a copy of an old AW article about a Webley premier? I think it was about 1980 and was called something like "how to turn a pig into your favourite pistol". I seem to recall that he fitted a long barrel onto it that had been made up by Gerald Cardew,made wooden grips and a shoulder stock that screwed into the "do not remove" endcap.
    I think that the linkage had to be altered as the barrel fouled the trigger guard before the piston engaged with the trigger.
    Have any of you engineer types ever had a go at this? Thanks.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

I can't remember seeing this particular article, but will have a look through the archives.
    I have a Webley Senior .177 with extended barrel, with the extension measuring 6.5cm from the pivot mounting.
    This just clears the trigger guard, and the only additional milling I can see is on the front face of the pivot lever, which has been skimmed by about 2mm.
    There are a couple of pictures in the Webley Senior sub album on my sig site.

Hi ggggr

I think the article you are thinking of is in the October 1978 issue of AW.

After spending half an hour looking, I have found it and photocopy'd it, so if you let me have your e-mail address I will send you a copy.

Regards

Ian

I would appreciate a copy as well, please, to troubledshooter1@btinternet.com

The only article I could find of a similar nature, is one from AGW in June '81 by Jim Tyler, which discusses various modifications to the grips of Webley air pistols, and shows pictures of Dave Pope's then collection of modified Webleys, amongst which is a picture of a Mk.II Premier with extended barrel, but the barrel looks to be of a similar length to my Senior.

Copy sent to you via your e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    I would appreciate a copy as well, please, to troubledshooter1@btinternet.com

The only article I could find of a similar nature, is one from AGW in June '81 by Jim Tyler, which discusses various modifications to the grips of Webley air pistols, and shows pictures of Dave Pope's then collection of modified Webleys, amongst which is a picture of a Mk.II Premier with extended barrel, but the barrel looks to be of a similar length to my Senior.

Copy received, thank you Ian.

Copy now sent to ggggr as well

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by fairgunner View Post
    Copy now sent to ggggr as well
    Thanks. Must check email. Now all I need is to get a printer.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

I would not mind a copy of the article please and if no one else has done so I will print off a copy and send it to Guy.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

I've emailed you a copy.