Thread: For Sale - Franklin 342

For Sale - Franklin 342

As title, a .22 Franklin 342 pump up air rifle.

This was lent to a friend shortly after I bought it and came back a little 'rougher' than when it went. Needs a attention cosmetically. There are a few 'teeth mark' type dents in the air cylinder )there when I bought it) and I think a part of it may have been painted as well (wasn't there when I lent it ) and I don't think the nut holding the pumping arm is original. The pump arm doesn't 'seat' correctly against the gun when closed.

I've enough projects to be getting on with, so this can go to fund a few parts for the others.

I'll upload a few pics shortly which will hopefully describe the gun better than I can.

The good bit is, it pumps up and shoots so there can't be much up with it internally.

Dunno what to ask for this really, so lets say £60 posted standard parcels. Pics coming up.

PS: As said, it needs attention, so please bear this in mind as I don't want to see anyone disappointed.

Edit: Pics here.
    Last edited by Punchsteve; 06-06-2011 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Punchsteve View Post
    As title, a .22 Franklin 342 pump up air rifle.

This was lent to a friend shortly after I bought it and came back a little 'rougher' than when it went. Needs a attention cosmetically. There are a few 'teeth mark' type dents in the air cylinder )there when I bought it) and I think a part of it may have been painted as well (wasn't there when I lent it ) and I don't think the nut holding the pumping arm is original. The pump arm doesn't 'seat' correctly against the gun when closed.

I've enough projects to be getting on with, so this can go to fund a few parts for the others.

I'll upload a few pics shortly which will hopefully describe the gun better than I can.

The good bit is, it pumps up and shoots so there can't be much up with it internally.

Dunno what to ask for this really, so lets say £68 posted standard parcels. Pics coming up.

PS: As said, it needs attention, so please bear this in mind as I don't want to see anyone disappointed.

Edit: Pics here.
    PM sent ! It needs a new pump tube ? All the best, Ged.

Gun still for sale folks.
    Last edited by Punchsteve; 06-06-2011 at 09:19 PM.

Gun still for sale folks.
    Hiya mate, I see you have gone to the Forum ( No problem there of course )
    The damage on the pump tube means it needs a new one !
    I have one but they are not a simple soldering job !
    I have offered £50 posted ? I consider this & the work a viable figure < Anyone offering any more & Its yours ,

Cheers , Ged.

Sorry Ged, edited the post in response to your declining my counter offer via PM. I think it looks worse in the pics than it is mate, as the gun will pump up and shoot. No good for a collector perhaps, in that condition, but still usable. I'll bear your offer in mind mate.

In the meantime, price reduced to £60 posted for a quick sale. No lower than that as I'd sooner keep it.

I'll take the 342. PM on way.
    ATB
    Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Sold to Eric.

Sorry Ged, edited the post in response to your declining my counter offer via PM. I think it looks worse in the pics than it is mate, as the gun will pump up and shoot. No good for a collector perhaps, in that condition, but still usable. I'll bear your offer in mind mate.

In the meantime, price reduced to £60 posted for a quick sale. No lower than that as I'd sooner keep it.
    Hiya mate, & No problem, Glad you sold it,
    All the best, Ged.