Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bsa r-10 mk1 or mk2

bsa r-10 mk1 or mk2

hi all just a quick question,im thinking of getting an r-10 does any1 know of the differences between the bsa r-10 mk1 and mk2 and if they are worth paying the extra cash for. ive heard alot of the differences are internal so need a pros advice.

thanks alot

The Mk 1 had lots of problems.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Nodmeister is offline All I ask is that you are inventive but kind
    The R-10 has been subjected to many changes since it was first introduced a couple of years ago. Mine for example is a late Mk1, BUT it is a very different rifle to the early MK1. See below:

mk1 == white guage indexes in the trigger 12" threaded barrel
    mk2 == black guage indexes of the bolt 15" threaded barrel
    mk3 == black guage indexes of the bolt 15" unthreaded barrel
    mk4 == badged as current mk2 latest spec

These are the visual references there have been lots of internal changes that you cannot see.

Hope this helps (mine incidentally is essentially a mk3 as listed above)

Paul
    BSA R10 .177 Nikko Stirling Gameking 4-16x44A/O

Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
    The Mk 1 had lots of problems.

Gus
    And the difference is that we don't yet know what the problems with the Mk 2 will be

Quite fundemental changes to magazine at least

Biggest change is the price
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Butt1985 is offline "And that goes to show I am a retard"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    Biggest change is the price
    What is the price of the so called mk2? I like the R10 but then again it's everything I hear about reliability that puts me off
    Air Arms TX200 MK2 .177 V-mached with GINB ft stock hawke sidewinder tac30 4.5-14x42, Daystate Airwolf .177 4-12x40 hawke panorama ev.

Quote Originally Posted by Butt1985 View Post
    What is the price of the so called mk2? I like the R10 but then again it's everything I hear about reliability that puts me off
    According to the test in the mags over £700
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Get a Mk 2 or is it 3 Thats what i did,this time last year.Probably pay £450 maybe even lower.Send it for a blueprint to John Bowket.Will come back better than the Mk2 that has the pretty little sticker on it

ATB
    Brian
    Good deals with.. Ian Tolley,roughshooter,billyboy,LUVGUNS,PINNACLE,TTL Paul,UK Neil,whitevanman574,learningcurve + Sarah,David TS,likom12.Sak,straut.tracker73,chris.e,,Loads more,to many to mention..

The list price is £749 Apparently it has been completely reworked but that is a £180 jump on the original.

has any1 had any major let downs with the newer 1s of the mk1??? , is 450 a good price for just the gun???

i have a mark I and its never failed me. i sent to john bowkett and its simply amazing
    and i believe better than a mark II . by the mark I and let john work his magic you wont be disappointed

i had countless problems with my one, out in the field pellets all over the place, just wouldnt group, even at 10 yards it was like a shotgun well probably worse!!

ive heard the mk2 has a stamp/sticker on the side to tell you its the mk2 , is this true and is there any other cosmetic differences to tell between the two when buying second hand??

Nodmeister is offline All I ask is that you are inventive but kind
    See post 3 mate, it explains the visual variations. The new mk2 (essentially a mk4) is indeed badged as a mk2. Other than that the guns look the same. My one is a late mk1 (mk3) on the list I posted. It's been faultless. It's stock too and isn't modified or tuned at all. The only thing I've done to mine is oil the stock, they do seem to come out of the box a little on the dry side.

Paul

Edit: £450.00 seems to be the accepted price for a used one in good order.
    BSA R10 .177 Nikko Stirling Gameking 4-16x44A/O

would you say im better goin to a shop and talkin to the pros rather than takin a risk with a classified sale where i dont really know what im gettin ??

thanks alot for your help