Thread: Lubed pellets or not

Lubed pellets or not

Hi,

I have seen a lot of talk about preparing pellets etc and lubing them so I thought I would give it a go purely out of interest.

One thing I did notice is that a bit of 'residue' lube seems to get left in the tin which is dark in colour. Should that be the case and if so should I be putting these pellets through my LP10 - I haven't yet they've gone through my S200.

Cheers

Mark

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to
    If your shooting at ten metres then you will notice no difference whatsoever - most air pistols will group well inside the ten ring with even the most basic pellet. The only difference you might notice is less lead build up, but only a minimal difference.

Just use them straight out the tin, trust me, it won't make a blind bit of difference :-)

Lee
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    +1,I'm with The Doctor on this one
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

Milbro have brought out a new .22 pellet pre lubed pellet the Caledonian ultra. I have tried it in both my HW45 and my HW97 I couldn't really tell the difference at long or short range.

Thanks for the advice chaps.

I did wonder and they didn't seem to make any difference through my S200.

Straight from the tin from now on

ATB

Mark

i do lube. it doesn't make that much difference. prior to lubing, i always wash my pellets. imo this really is a must. i get loads of crap and crud left behind that would be snarling my barrel up.

i remember jim tyler doing an experiment with lube and he found that it raised the pellets speed by a few fps.

if you shoot hft or ft it can be a bit of a confidence thing knowing you've washed and lubed your pellets to make them as good and clean as possible. i wouldnt go as far as weighing them though.

whilst i'm drying them off i always look for and get rid of any pellets that are damaged or deformed. luckily i dont get many.

my barrel doesnt seem to get as mucky as it used to, which can only be a good thing. the little pot of lube ive got's lasted ages. ive had it a year and it's still half full. for 2 quid you cant go wrong.

the best way ive found of putting it on is get a sealer bag like what the drugies use and put 5 or 6 drops in it. i then press the bag together so it's even on all both sides of the bag. then i put my pellets in it and gently roll them about in the baguntil they're all lightly coated. then i bang them back into the tin. then i wash the bag out and keep my lube in it so it doesn't get lost.

ive not really noticed any difference in accuracy, but if the pellet does fly that bit quicker then it fly's that bit flatter.

each to their own. i'l keep doing it (mainly to get the crud off of the pellets)