Thread: Bisley optimiser v sunshade

Bisley optimiser v sunshade

When shooting towards targets with the sun behind them, white flare can be a major problem. First option was to fit a normal sun shade and when this had little effect I made an extra long one lined with a non reflective material (felted sticky back plastic if you ask) this was still not the complete solution. I then took off the sun shade and fitted a Bisley optimiser and then found I could point the rifle almost directly into the sun ( not at it of course) without any trace of flare. The reason this works is,because in my opinion, the flare is the reflection of the your eye in the eyepiece lens.

Is this the same as the Bisley scope enhancer?

Yes of course, I just forgot its proper name but I think Uttings call it a Bisley maximiser - whatever fits on the eye piece and excludes all extraneous light other makes would work equally well
    Last edited by john68; 13-06-2011 at 09:53 PM. Reason: extra info

They have a couple of items that extend out from the scope. I bought the one that cups around the face but to be honest I didnt really like it as it was uncomfortable and wasnt a good fit so I sent it back. I used to use one the DC scope enhancer and that was fantastic, no light bleed, comfortable and added lots of time shooting in the dark.

I use both at the same time and it seems to work well.
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22/BRNO Model 2/Remington 597/Buckmark/Marlin.44