Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fwb c25 co2

Fwb c25 co2

Anyone with experience of this pistol ? How does the trigger compare with the Steyr LP2for eg ? Do they regular maintenance ? I will be taking a look at one in a week's time, advice, input would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by silvershooter View Post
    Anyone with experience of this pistol ? How does the trigger compare with the Steyr LP2for eg ? Do they regular maintenance ? I will be taking a look at one in a week's time, advice, input would be appreciated
    I have a FWB C25. the Co2 bottle is screwed on in a vertical position just in front of the trigger guard.

Trigger is as good as any other top grade match pistol although they are all different from one make or model to another in some way or other, so down to personal preference really.

As for the pistol itself, well it's a FWB so pretty bullet proof & should give years of trouble free service.

Accuracy is as good as anything else out there so a moot point.

Indoor shooting in varying temperature conditions does not cause great problems either.

The C25 can be converted to compressed air if so desired as can some other Co2 pistols.......it's not cheap & if this is in mind buy a P34 instead, but if you've owned the gun for a while then it's a worth while consideration, but it can be done & easily.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Thanks wonky donky. It would be supplied with a bulk cylinder, where do you get these filled and what is the cost ?

Thanks wonky donky. It would be supplied with a bulk cylinder, where do you get these filled and what is the cost ?
    It will depend on who's or what bulk cylinder you have.

BOC & Companies who fill Fire extinguishers are a good start, as are pub land lords.

I use a FIRE EXTINGUISHER, these have a tube inside so they can be used upright.

I also have a bottle used in pubs for the beer, some of these do not have the tube inside so need to be inverted to fill your pistols bottle.

The bulk cylinders once full last for ages.....years even if a decent size.

I can't tell you the cost as it's been too long since I had mine filled, sorry!

Sorry wrong thread
    Last edited by silvershooter; 13-06-2011 at 07:57 AM. Reason: wrong thread

The last time my 14 lb bottle was filled at the local pub gas fill station it cost £8.80, that was about 4 years ago.
    I too have a FWB C25, when I started with it I used Soda Stream co2, I think I got about 5 fills for a £1, the 14 lb bottle will see me through to the end of my shooting lifetime, I cannot get to my pistols at the moment and I do not remember how many grams of co2 are needed to fill it so say 50 grams, I can get a lot of fills out of my £8.80.
    Why pay a lot of money for a C/A conversion when you will get very little benefit from it.
    Peter

Thanks Peter, I had no idea it went such a long way, I am looking forward to getting my hands on a FWB C25. Did you buy it new ?

Thanks Peter, I had no idea it went such a long way, I am looking forward to getting my hands on a FWB C25. Did you buy it new ?
    No, I got it from a chap in the club who went on to buy a Steyr, he is even older than me and it was in mint condition,still in the factory box with all the tools, and at a very good price to.
    I have put many many tins of pellets through it and it has never missed a beat. If only the shooter was as good as the pistol,I might get somewhere.
    Peter

Safety Warning on FWB C25 and C55 cylinders.

Check the age of the alloy "paint pot" type cylinders before parting with your cash.

Feinwerkbau offer a download regarding CO2 cylinders and you should read it before buying a C25 (or a C55 that uses the same type alloy CO2 cylinders).

Basically all steel CO2 cylinders should be checked after 10 years, and if there is no sign of internal corrosionwhen inspected they can be re-TUV stamped as "safe" for another 10 years by Feinwerkbau.

The alloy ones are completely different! They are made from an alloy that deteriorates with age and must be destroyed when they are 10 years old as the alloy continues to deteriorate and embrittle.

It makes no difference if the alloy cylinders have been stored with or without gas, it is the alloy that ages.

I had a C25 and had this problem, so be sure the price you pay allows you to buy NEW paint pot type cylinders, because if they are alloy and over 10 years old they cannot be used safely.

Given the production dates of the C25 and C55 CO2 pistols, this warning probably applied to ALL of them that are still being used - unless the cylinders have been replaced already

Now this information is freely available in the public domain you would be on very dodgey ground if a cylinder on a pistol you were holding exploded causing damage or much worse injury to anyone ( including yourself). Likewise when filling the cylinders.

My advice is to go for a Model 2, C10 or C20 instead as they use the tubular shaped steel cylinders that are inherently safer and able to be checked and life extended if appropiate.

The C20 is exactly the same pistol except for the cylinder mounting which is designed to take the standard steel tubular cylinder instead of the alloy paint pot type. They even share the same owners handbook.
    Last edited by zooma; 12-06-2011 at 10:38 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Thanks for the alert zooma, do you know the price of the replacement cylinders ?

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Check the age of the alloy "paint pot" type cylinders before parting with your cash.

Feinwerkbau offer a download regarding CO2 cylinders and you should read it before buying a C25 (or a C55 that uses the same type alloy CO2 cylinders).

Basically all steel CO2 cylinders should be checked after 10 years, and if there is no sign of internal corrosionwhen inspected they can be re-TUV stamped as "safe" for another 10 years by Feinwerkbau.

The alloy ones are completely different! They are made from an alloy that deteriorates with age and must be destroyed when they are 10 years old as the alloy continues to deteriorate and embrittle.

It makes no difference if the alloy cylinders have been stored with or without gas, it is the alloy that ages.

I had a C25 and had this problem, so be sure the price you pay allows you to buy NEW paint pot type cylinders, because if they are alloy and over 10 years old they cannot be used safely.

Given the production dates of the C25 and C55 CO2 pistols, this warning probably applied to ALL of them that are still being used - unless the cylinders have been replaced already

Now this information is freely available in the public domain you would be on very dodgey ground if a cylinder on a pistol you were holding exploded causing damage or much worse injury to anyone ( including yourself). Likewise when filling the cylinders.

My advice is to go for a Model 2, C10 or C20 instead as they use the tubular shaped steel cylinders that are inherently safer and able to be checked and life extended if appropiate.

The C20 is exactly the same pistol except for the cylinder mounting which is designed to take the standard steel tubular cylinder instead of the alloy paint pot type. They even share the same owners handbook.
    Fwb no longer re stamp or retest the cylinders according to the importers, they discard them after 10years.

This warning does not just apply to the above, it applies to all alloy cylinders irrespective of if it's for Co2 or compressed air & all makes of rifle & pistol.

Fwb, Anschutz & other manufacturers from Germany put warning notice's in with their new products telling the owner to discard the cylinders after 10years.

It now begs the question is a Logun or Webley Axsor & other guns with it's fixed alloy cylinder to be discarded or scrapped after 10 years. There's no warning notice issued with these guns!

Also why does my alloy divers bottle keep on passing it's test? it's well over 10 years old!! Different Alloy? I doubt it very much?

I have worked in the alloy wheel industry & was responsible for developing alloy so do know a little about the subject.

The continual expansion - heating - cooling - contraction & danger of moisture ingress of the cylinders in use is of a concern IMO. If there's no retesting for this size cylinder in some countries how can you be sure the cylinder is safe? This is probably why the warnings are issued, just my opinion!

Moisture is the real killer.......Fatigue is the threat! But steel can suffer the same fate too!

I think the reason Germany give this warning & others don't is because they have different test requirements to us???? I could be wrong on this so don't consider this statement cast in stone.

Having said all that you can't blame the manufacturers from trying to cover themselves can you.
    Last edited by wonky donky; 13-06-2011 at 04:03 PM.

Thanks for the alert zooma, do you know the price of the replacement cylinders ?
    I think your looking at about £125/150ish.

I just bought a Steyr pcp one £140 & a FWB 700 one last year at £180

Lets not get confused!

The steel CO2 cylinders made by Feinwerkbau can be returned to the factory to be checked internally for corrosion, and if they are safe they will be re-sealed, tested and stamped for another 10 years. The cost for this is about 60 euros.

The alloy CO2 cylinders made by Feinwerkbau cannot have their life expectancy increased as the casting alloy they are made from is know to age and embrittle and so they should be destroyed after 10 years to ensure the safety of the user or any unfortunate person that could be close by if the worst was to happen.

Air cylinders are a different case ( but with the same end result) and benefit from more current public awareness of the need to replace them after 10 years service.

When these pot shaped alloy cylinders were supplied with the C25 and C55 air pistols they often had no date indication ( mine had none at all). It is only now that most of these pistols are well over 10 years old that it is important to remind ourselves that they could become dangerous.

This information may not be welcomed by those that can see the value of their C25 and C55 pistols reduced somewhat by the need to supply new cylinders before selling them, but it does not change the facts.

Feinwerkbau suggest these alloy CO2 cylinders should be destroyed when they are 10 years old as they can become unsafe, and it would be unwise not to heed their advice.
    Last edited by zooma; 13-06-2011 at 04:52 PM.

Price about right.

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post
    I think your looking at about £125/150ish.

I just bought a Steyr pcp one £140 & a FWB 700 one last year at £180
    The price you quote is about right - mine were around the £140 (each) mark at the time.

On Egun at the moment a seller has 4 new cylinders for sale for 99.5 Eur. each.
    Peter