Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fwb c25 co2

Good Price.

That seems like a good buy!

Are they the C25/C55 alloy paint-pot type, or the steel cylinder type?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    That seems like a good buy!

Are they the C25/C55 alloy paint-pot type, or the steel cylinder type?
    They are for the C25/C55.

Peter

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    This fiasco only came about a couple of years ago in Germany purely because of the misuse of air cylinders and over presuring by idiots, (surely thats natural selection?) and because of the failure of a batch of Anschutz air cylinders due to manufacturing defects. The German manufacturers over reacted and included air and Co2 cylinders to cover their tails and here we are today in this situation. Co2 cylinders are much lower pressure than air and the chances of a failure particularly with steel ones are about on par with the odds of the landing of alliens, but the manufacturers love it as it covers their tails and gives them a good little side line in after sales.
    Sadly due to the current paranoia on "effing safety" there is little we can do about it and are now stuck with these uneccesary guidlines, but as a retired H&S professional that is all they are, guidlines, not law.
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

During what time period were the C25 made ? The Model 2 is earlier I understand ?

CO2 History for FWB pistols.

The model 2 was the first Feinwerkbau CO2 pistol, available in two lengths, and for my money was their best CO2 pistol.

This was followed by the C10, a curious looking pistol with the cylinder spaced below the barrel. A later version of the C10 had a revised front casting that lowered the barrel still further. Both shoot the same so I am not sure why they bothered with the lower variant.

The C20 and the C25 were the last models made by Feinwerkbau to be powered by CO2

Both are basically the same pistol and even share the same handbook, the difference being the two types of front casting - the first allowed the fitting of what had become the standard tubular steel cylinder (C20).

The second allowed the use of the newer cast alloy paint pot type cylinder designed to give a different centre of gravity and the fitment of a weight rail to allow finer balance adjustment. (C25)

........and the 5 shot variants!

There was of course also the 5 shot variants of some of these models, the last of which was the C55 that also used the newer paint pot type CO2 cylinders and is a great looking model.

Thanks for the info zooma, I am going to look at a C25 tomorrow (Sat) which is supposed to be in v good cond with an extra cylinder.

C25 Purchase.

The C25 is a great pistol and really good to use, they always came with two cylinders and at least one balance weight to slide along the weight shaft for fine balance adjustment.
    Mine came with 3 weights, the original handbook, spare front sight elements and the large spanner (black plastic handle with Feinwerkbau on it) for the CO2 cylinder.
    The ONLY concern I have with the C25 is the problem with the paint pot cylinders as the factory have warned that the alloy they used to make them from deteriorates with age, embrittles whether stored with CO2 or not and should be destroyed when they reach 10 years of age.
    New cylinders are available from FWB at the sort of prices already mentioned in this thread and can extend the safe working life of the pistol by another 10 years. I think this is worth it as the pistol is built like a tank and is very unlikely to fail.
    If you need any parts, just order them direct from Feinwerkbau and they usually only take a week or so to arrive.
    Excellent online manuals and drawings help make sure you order the correct parts, and if you call the factory they speak good English and are very helpful.
    Minimum order value is just 17 euros when I bought from them recently, so you should have no fears about maintaining it either.
    One tip - always use a tiny drop of the genuine FWB grease on the threads of the cylnder, and another tiny drop on the seal inside the loading port. The grease is not cheap ( about £7 for a very small tube), but when used correctly it should last for years and prevent any problems with seized cylinders ( no need to tighten them too much) and extend the life of the seal a fair bit as well.
    Last edited by zooma; 18-06-2011 at 07:15 AM. Reason: spellin mistooks

Many thanks for the excellent info. Can you point me in the direction of the online manual you mentioned ? What would you think would be a fair price for a good condition example ? rgds Dave

FWB Info.

Hi Dave,

Just get on to the feinwerkbau.de site, click the Union Jack to see a "proper" language and you can click on the boxes above to find what you want and down load it.

Every air gun Feinwerkbau have ever made has an owners handbook, exploded drawings and parts list.

Hover over the box marked "service" and several menu's will open for you to choose from, and from this you should be able to find anything you want to see.

Prices for the C25 are now a problem. Previous to the alert about the paint pots a dealer could get up to £400 for a really nice clean example with weights, tools, cylinder spanner and original handbook etc, and a private seller may offer one for £300 or so depending on condition etc.

You have read about the prices to replace the cylinders with new ones, so I guess it is now up to the buyer to decide!
    Last edited by zooma; 18-06-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Hi zooma,thanks again for the info, took the plunge and bought the C25. Very nice condition with 3 weights, spare clylinder,manual and tools, and the RFD gave me a large CO2 cylinder. Paid £400 so a good estimate. I have taken off 2 weights the 1 seems to do the trick. I really like this pistol, the build quality is phenominal. Rgds Dave.

Nice One

Nice one Dave!

I hope you enjoy using it.

I certainly enjoy my Feinwerkbau CO2 pistols, and know they can all outshoot the shooter!

Stay in touch!

zooma I can only find a German supplier of the FWB grease on the interweb, Is there a UK supplier ? tia

FWB gease - local at Checkmate

Try Bob at Checkmate Guns as he is close to you.

I know he sells it as I bought mine from him.

Try Bob at Checkmate Guns as he is close to you.

I know he sells it as I bought mine from him.
    Ah That's where I bought my pistol.