Thread: HFT Sights for Alecto

HFT Sights for Alecto

I am new to pistol shooting and about to buy an alecto. Has anbody got any advice on what styles and models of sight/scope will suit the Alecto, a new shooter and for HFT.

Thanks in advance

Matt

I'd try using the open sights before buying a red dot sight, you may get on with them
    Last edited by ikarma70; 17-06-2011 at 06:29 PM.

I agree with Andy

Try the open sights first. Ive had lasers, red dots and a telescopic sight - I seem to get on best with open sights.

Good choice for a first pistol by the way

Thanks so far guys. Had a go with one yesterday using open sights. Had about 12 shots with it and the grouping was accross 4 inches at about 13 yards. Was alot tougher than I was expecting.

Was a little worried after reading a review claiming the materials used in the alecto were low quality in comparisson with its competitors, although the good reviews far outweigh the bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
    Thanks so far guys. Had a go with one yesterday using open sights. Had about 12 shots with it and the grouping was accross 4 inches at about 13 yards. Was alot tougher than I was expecting.

Was a little worried after reading a review claiming the materials used in the alecto were low quality in comparisson with its competitors, although the good reviews far outweigh the bad.
    That ain't bad for a learner, I seen some people miss a target completely....keep practicing

Bob. is offline I think I'll keep with "Registered User" then
    Hi Matt,
    Some people get on better with open sights (especially if your eyesight is good) than aided sights, but some people (me for instance) don't like them.
    There's no substitute for trying things for yourself, so when you come to the Kibworth pistol shoot, you'll be able to try different setups to see what suits you best. The shooters at Kibworth are a friendly lot, and would no doubt be more than willing to let you try their pistols.

See you there.
    Bob.
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Thanks all. Hope the pistol HFT went well today Bob. Working all weekend so couldn't get down. Will have a practice down the range and garden with open sights till the next pistol comp and then after having a look at other peoples sights I can go from there.

Bob. is offline I think I'll keep with "Registered User" then
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
    Thanks all. Hope the pistol HFT went well today Bob. Working all weekend so couldn't get down. Will have a practice down the range and garden with open sights till the next pistol comp and then after having a look at other peoples sights I can go from there.
    Hi Matt,
    We had a great day at Kibworth on the pistol HFT. Hope you can make the next one.
    Bob.
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.