Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question for FAS 604 owners

A question for FAS 604 owners

I shall be obliged if you can tell me wich pellets your pistol seems to work best with. Just acquired a very nice recently serviced secondhand 604 and would welcome your opinions please. Many thanks Henry

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    rws geco's
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

I'm using RWS Gecos also, as they are the lightest pellet (also cheapest), can't fault them. Good luck with your FAS, I've had mine about 6 weeks.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    I've put Bisley cheapies, JBS match and RWS R10 through mine, shoots well with all of them. The only thing to steer clear of is the mania for replacing the seals, if it works leave them alone,they last donkeys years, if they fail replace or get them replaced with originals not flee bay cheapies otherwise they will fail again shortly.
    Enjoy a great pistol, Good shooting,
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by silvershooter View Post
    I'm using RWS Gecos also, as they are the lightest pellet (also cheapest), can't fault them. Good luck with your FAS, I've had mine about 6 weeks.
    Wrong on both counts, Umarex Mosquito's are 50p cheaper than geco's and .2gr lighter at 6.8gr.

tried geco's in all my pistols and only 1 groups reasonably and thats my cp88 where bullseye accuracy is not important.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    RWS Geco's - clover leaf single holes when rested, spend more if you like - but I doubt 99.9% cannot use any extra accuracy offered...

Wrong on both counts, Umarex Mosquito's are 50p cheaper than geco's
    Cheapest available for me (I should have said) from a nearby shop. The others mentioned are not stocked. I would have to pay p & p for mail order.

Another Fas question.

I know the seals are ok in my pistol, as I have left it with air in it for some time and it does not seem to leak, but the power seems low compared to the size of the pistol. I can not remember what it was exactly but I seem to remember thinking my record jumbo had more punch.. I do love the fas as a pistol and It is fantastic to shoot but what is the normal power of one of these and can it be adjusted in any way?

Quote Originally Posted by GRAZY View Post
    I know the seals are ok in my pistol, as I have left it with air in it for some time and it does not seem to leak, but the power seems low compared to the size of the pistol. I can not remember what it was exactly but I seem to remember thinking my record jumbo had more punch.. I do love the fas as a pistol and It is fantastic to shoot but what is the normal power of one of these and can it be adjusted in any way?
    record jumbo's are spring pistols and will recoil more than the FAS 604, power can't be adjustable as its a single stroke pneumatic...its a target pistol not a field howitzer

Good point, wonder if any one has fitted a spring in one of these. The duo 300 looks a bit like a poor copy of the fas, is a springer and also from Italy. The mighty hw45 did start life as a pneumatic gun before they worked out the gap in the middle was for a spring and later went back to that for the 75.

Hi there.I put mine over the chrony tonight and its doing 348 fps with h+n finale match,357 fps with rws geko's and 362 fps with rws hobby's...
    Last edited by elewis411; 21-06-2011 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Brain fade

Hi there.I put mine over the chrony tonight and its doing 348 fps with h+n finale match,357 fps with rws geko's and 362 fps with rws hobby's...
    What is the fpe for the RWS Hobbys svp ?

Quote Originally Posted by silvershooter View Post
    What is the fpe for the RWS Hobbys svp ?
    That would make my example a touch over 2fpe with rws hobby's...

Pellet tests

Just had a play with the chrono,
    rws hobby, 396.82 ft/s 2.45 ft lbs
    7.0 grains 391.38 ft/s 2.38 ft lbs
    389.4 ft/s 2.36 ft lbs

rws superdome, 359.58 ft/s 2.38 ft lbs
    8.3 grains 360.68 ft/s 2.39 ft lbs
    362.31 ft/s 2.41 ft lbs

napier power target, 364.63 ft/s 2.45 ft lbs
    7.69 grains 362.64 ft/s 2.42 ft lbs
    362.31 ft/s 2.42 ft lbs

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Just had a play with the chrono,
    rws hobby, 396.82 ft/s 2.45 ft lbs
    7.0 grains 391.38 ft/s 2.38 ft lbs
    389.4 ft/s 2.36 ft lbs

rws superdome, 359.58 ft/s 2.38 ft lbs
    8.3 grains 360.68 ft/s 2.39 ft lbs
    362.31 ft/s 2.41 ft lbs

napier power target, 364.63 ft/s 2.45 ft lbs
    7.69 grains 362.64 ft/s 2.42 ft lbs
    362.31 ft/s 2.42 ft lbs
    Thats a nice healthy one and plenty enough poke for the intended purpose.
    If in doubt, shoot yourself with a felt cleaning pellet and marvel at the available power!!! (don't ask....)