Thread: BSF B50 trigger spring

BSF B50 trigger spring

I'm trying to put a BSF B50 back together, but when I was stripping it I managed to let the trigger spring pop out before getting a proper look at where it's supposed to go. I've tried sitting the front end on the little bump up inside the fold of the trigger and the back end either on the tang of the cylinder block sleeve or butting up against the inside of the cylinder end block, but either way the spring just jumps free when the trigger is pulled.

Can anyone help?
    Last edited by MarkRiz; 19-06-2011 at 06:24 AM.

THIS may be of help.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

On my BSF 50 the spring sits front end on the nipple formed inside the trigger, back end located on the tang of the cylinder sleeve, which puts the spring in a slightly convex postion inwards. It took me several trys to get the spring to sit 'right' . best of luck.

Thanks Ian, but the trigger group is not enclosed as a unit like the one in the photo (is that from a B55?).

lada, yours sounds closer to the mark, although the spring is too narrow to fit securely over the tang. It also seems too long for the job and only seems to want to curve outwards (and then fly outwards).

I'd post a photo if I could figure out how to.

Just thought I'd report that I finally succeeded by muscling the spring in through the open end of the cylinder while bracing it on as many sides a possible to stop it heading for the wide open spaces.

It's hard to believe it was designed to be done that way, so I'd still be interested to hear from anyone who knows better.