Thread: Squirrel Gun

Squirrel Gun

Can any one tell me whats is the best type of air pistol for dispatching squirrels. I intend to trap them live in the garden and then dispatch them. I need to trap as there is a public footpath running down the back of the house.
    Thanks for any help in advance

Rob

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    A gamekeeper mate of mine uses an old spring powered BSA Scorpion for this job.

An HW45 or a Diana P5 magnum should do.

Don't even think about any of the umarex look-a-likes or any target pistol.
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

i know that a lot of forestry workers use Crosman 2240 or the Sheridan eb series .
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bir Rob View Post
    Can any one tell me whats is the best type of air pistol for dispatching squirrels. I intend to trap them live in the garden and then dispatch them. I need to trap as there is a public footpath running down the back of the house.
    Thanks for any help in advance

Rob

I live trap and dispatch with a 0.22 HW45 which doubles as a target pistol of sorts. Got one today as it happens.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    We're not supposed to be posting messages here about hunting. so be careful not to let the subject matter stray beyond humane dispatch of trapped critters.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone