Thread: Budget HFT pistol

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two

Budget HFT pistol

Thinking of getting a pistol for a crack at pistol HFT. Thing is, funds will be tight.

Don't really want a springer, so presumably any of SSP, PCP, Co2.

I already have a scope and mounts if needed. Any thoughs? Guessing a 2nd hand Alecto might go on the list, that would be right at the top end of what I have to lay out at present though. Don't want a ratty by the way.

Any other thoughts that will be up to the job power and accuracy wise in .177??

Thanks.
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    If you could drop on one at the right price and it suits you a Crosman 1377 might do the job nicely, the Alecto does the job rather well though,
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Cheers Nick,
    1377 is one of the ones that I've had and got rid of in the past.
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

I'm going to go for the best budget option of using what I have. BSA Scorpion scoped up here we come

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Good luck with the single handed kneeling shots!
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Never said it would be easy

They can be quiet accurate if you get the hold right.

My scorpion is nearly 30 years old and still sending .177 superdomes out at 500fps.

Be interested to know your fps.

Good luck with HFT

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/p...8022007014.jpg

A real mean machine.
    FX Gladiator .22 AirmaxSR12 6x18-44mm Hawke
    BSA Supersport .22 3x9-40mm Hawke. BSA Scorpion Pistol .177 1.5 x 20mm scope
    Theoben Sirrocco .177 3x9-40mm Hawke. Webley Alecto Pistol .177 2X7 x 32mm bsa scope

Hmmm, just a thought - The crosman 2300s is a cracker.

.177, Lothar Walther barrel, 4 - 5 fpe, recoiless, steel breech with scope rails and with a little jiggery pokery the trigger aint bad either.

Admittedly not easy to get hold of over here...

hft pistol

get a hw40 low powered but very accurate and supurb trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiekneejerk View Post

.177, Lothar Walther barrel, 4 - 5 fpe, recoiless, steel breech with scope rails and with a little jiggery pokery the trigger aint bad either.

or a 2240 fitted with a 1377 barrel and probe or why not just get a 1377?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiekneejerk View Post

you can get the 2300t over here i've seen them going new for £145 which peed me off as i paid £220 for mine, it only has the 10.1" crosman barrel but will still out shoot most users, comes with the lpa sight that is micro adjustable and the short steel breech in .177

Just got rid of the last of my Crosman stuff, not keen to go back there really. Also shifted a Beeman p17 (HW40 clone) as well. It shot well enough but I don't think was up to the job.

My Scorpion has been rebuil/resealed, but initially had the old spring put back in. It's smooth as you like, but just under 4fpe, which I don't think is enough in .22. I have a new spring to go in and will see from there. If it ends up a bit harsh then I will go back to the old spring and manage I think.