Thread: Daystate Sportsman MKII

Daystate Sportsman MKII

As title, .22 (they didn't offer any other cal AFAIK), nice right handed walnut stock, all in very, very good condition, a few light marks here and there, but for its age (around 25 years old) , exceptional. Due to the fine condition it's in, I don't reckon its had much use over the years, the hand cut chequering is really sharp and crisp, and shows no signs of wear.

It was resealed a few years ago and holds air well, very accurate, fingernail size groups at 40 yards in the right conditions with quality pellets.

Superb proper two stage trigger, and Daystate build quality, sets this apart from almost all the other pumper rifles.

Has some nice brass bling including a half inch UNF silencer adapter, topped off with a period Parker Hale aluminium silencer.

As it has no apparent serial number I rang Daystate, Tony Belas said, he didn't know why it was minus a serial number, but thought it could be a very early version.

It's a UK spec model fitted with a pressure relief valve, if you try to add extra pumps to make it go over the legal limit, it hisses at you to show its disapproval.

Lots of images here.

I have now fitted a compact older model Bushmaster 4x32 wide angle scope on the rifle, it has a multline ret that is spot on for a .22, very bright and clear with a good field of view, probably made in Tawain or Korea.

Changed the Parker Hale for a John Bowkett compact silencer, as it's the right age and I think looks nicer, also fitted a leather sling and swivels to complete the outfit. (picture of the fitted sling will be added, as soon as my camera batt is recharged).

Images here.

Price: Complete classic outfit Sold, or Sold, rifle only, plus the postage of your choice.
    Last edited by master_shriller; 04-10-2011 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Added a scope, mounts, sling, etc, and gun only price.
    master(dot)shriller(at)gmail.com

Without the scope, mounts, silencer and sling, this is priced about the same as a Gamo built BSA Lightning, which has a beech stock and is nowhere near the same quality , in effect, this is a high quality precharged rifle with no recoil and you don't need charging gear, has a fantastic trigger, is very accurate and won't lose money faster than a stag party in a lap dancing club
    Last edited by master_shriller; 04-10-2011 at 09:20 AM.
    master(dot)shriller(at)gmail.com