Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Skip find, unknown pistol, valuation

I have a chinese copy, it's mainly plastic does anyone know wot ifs worth cos I might sell it and buy a ferret.

Cripes, that's a rare one! The last time I saw one of those was on Antiques Roadshow!

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    I have a chinese copy, it's mainly plastic does anyone know wot ifs worth cos I might sell it and buy a ferret.
    Hmmmm

If you buy the ferret, you'll also have to buy the flat cap and whippet to go with it

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by njaw View Post
    Cripes, that's a rare one! The last time I saw one of those was on Antiques Roadshow!
    last time I saw one was around the Bath area
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Fantastico! But please be careful.

You need to be careful with these as excessive use of the 'pump' can break the rivets at the end. I know, to my cost as the ammunition doesn't go where you expect it to!

Carl

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by kingplinker View Post

last time i saw one was around the bath area
    ...... Brilliant !!!

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Certainly not 22 more likley 11 though some did 22 before overloading the weak break action, Now the Ammo can be sticky best bet would be tue evening in B&Q ask for Arthur Nudge Nudge, Dont mess about he doesnt like sillicants, Tell him you want only the best and he may go and fetch some while you everest, DONT get caught with any on you the police might try and make it stick, But they have nothing to go on (till repaired) if charged just plead insanitry, These guns are available widely and narrowly depends on the cut off point, But after the heist in building workers there should be buckets of em about, Dont worry if it says WC on the ammo, Its the same stuff for PC, Just take care i had a mate with this stuff couldnt stop biting his finger ends, Turned out it was NO NAILS,

I used to own one very similar to your but mine was the carbine version with the very short tube . It went fully auto once when the trigger would not disenggage so skiped it as it sprayed ammo every where "what a mess".

identification.

i think its a chinese coppy of a barnett .22 lead bolt firing pistol crossbow.bargain

Feller is asking for a valuation guys, and here's everyone taking the Pssssssss...

It would probably be worth more tubed.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

edbear2 Guest
    I have been on here for a couple of years now, and I cannot believe this post has been allowed to run and degenerate into a farce, with all these silly answers and questions

This is supposed to be the sensible part of the forum, where people can find out more about fascinating old collectors pieces, and not some silly schoolboy nonsense the like of which you normally see on modified chav nova forums

A member asked for advice and help, and it seems as if everybody is determined to make fun of the poor guy!

Take the following rubbish as an example

Quote Originally Posted by basa View Post
    thats the sturmelbangler mk1, made 1898-ten past five,before production moved to,wesselbinder,after that they weren't much good,IMO.

At least I suppose, despite being 1 year out in your dating, and misspelling Wesselbender (an easy mistake granted), you are on the right track about the country of origin......the example shown was both incomplete and sadly non original, and against my normal reserve about posting pics of my REALLY rare and valuable stuff due to security concerns in these turbulent times, and in an effort to get this thread back on track, I have decided to put this matter to rest. Mine is a mint, almost unused example, with 100% finish remaining, and is the ultra-rare 'Bisley special'.....the Germanic origins are now obvious as you can see from the stock, and the rare Parker Hale / Dr Walter Gerhard combination tube sight was a factory option at the time.......I had to wait a long time to obtain this beauty, and the offer of a swap for my mint, boxed and unfired Improved Model D in .25 calibre was something I snapped up before the guy came to his senses !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right..can we get back to "proper' stuff now please!!!!
    Last edited by edbear2; 24-06-2011 at 09:44 PM.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post

I had to wait a long time to obtain this beauty
    ...... Superb.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    I have been on here for a couple of years now, and I cannot believe this post has been allowed to run and degenerate into a farce, with all these silly answers and questions

This is supposed to be the sensible part of the forum, where people can find out more about fascinating old collectors pieces, and not some silly schoolboy nonsense the like of which you normally see on modified chav nova forums

A member asked for advice and help, and it seems as if everybody is determined to make fun of the poor guy!

Take the following rubbish as an example

At least I suppose, despite being 1 year out in your dating, and misspelling Wesselbender (an easy mistake granted), you are on the right track about the country of origin......the example shown was both incomplete and sadly non original, and against my normal reserve about posting pics of my REALLY rare and valuable stuff due to security concerns in these turbulent times, and in an effort to get this thread back on track, I have decided to put this matter to rest. Mine is a mint, almost unused example, with 100% finish remaining, and is the ultra-rare 'Bisley special'.....the Germanic origins are now obvious as you can see from the stock, and the rare Parker Hale / Dr Walter Gerhard combination tube sight was a factory option at the time.......I had to wait a long time to obtain this beauty, and the offer of a swap for my mint, boxed and unfired Improved Model D in .25 calibre was something I snapped up before the guy came to his senses !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right..can we get back to "proper' stuff now please!!!!

I actually laughed out loud! Brilliant.

all i can say is " its a caulker "

all i can say is " its a caulker "
    HAHAHA
    Nice one