Thread: Anyone got a Hammerli Jacket?

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Anyone got a Hammerli Jacket?

I'm trying to advise a beginner on a budget on a jacket for air rifle, but all the £100 region ones I've seen I've not been impressed with, OK for smallbore but not standing. The Hammerli is made for air and theoretically should be better? Any one got one? Seen one?
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Robin

As a bit of general advice to anyone looking for a jacket I would always say,

DON'T SKIMP!!!!

It's worth spending on a good jacket rather than a "it's really cheap, it'll get me started jacket"

I can't speak for the Hammerli but I suspect it would be ok, Gehmann, Anschutz, Thune all make good quality jackets at around the £150-200 mark that would be a good starter for 10.

It's always worth trying them on and making sure you get the best fit, remember although the sizes should all be the same, individaul makers fit willall be slightly different.

HTH
    Alan

Hi Alan
    Yes, I always advise people to get good quality made to measure as the advantage in fit and support is worth it, which is what both my wife and I have.

But, we have newcomers who we are working with who are on a very tight budget who can't afford a base level £200 jacket from one of the established companies, and the £100 jackets and some of the £200 ones I've seen which I won't name so as not to offend are OK for prone but not really good enough for standing shooting.
    The Hammerli jacket is designed as an air rifle jacket, it is marketed cheaply at around £100 specifically to help new shooters so I would be interested to hear the views on it from anyone who has personal experience of it.
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Robin

My apologies, I hadn't read your orignal Post properly

My experience is mainly with Prone .22, so I'll take myself away now and teach myself to read properly

I am sure someone with a better knowledge of standing air will be along to offer some proper advice.

Alternatively there is the Stirton forum which is a more Target based forum and many of the top shooters and coaches are on there.

http://forum.stirton.com/index.php/index

Cheers
    Alan

Come on guys! Has no one bought one of these?
    Robin