Thread: Feinwerkbau 150 foresight required.

Feinwerkbau 150 foresight required.

I need a wrap-around foresight for a Feinwerkbau 150 target rifle. If you have one spare and are prepared to sell, please PM with details and price required.
    Thanks,
    Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

There are different versions of the FWB150 foresight. Some are secured using a Phillips headed bolt, whilst the one on mine uses a pin with wedge machined on the underside, this slides into a groove machined near the muzzle and retains the foresight assembly.

I think the pin model is earlier. Without the groove it wouldn't be possible to use this version on a plain barrel? Not having seen the screw version I'm not sure if they are interchangeable, but something to consider to stop you buying an unsuitable part.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    There are different versions of the FWB150 foresight. Some are secured using a Phillips headed bolt, whilst the one on mine uses a pin with wedge machined on the underside, this slides into a groove machined near the muzzle and retains the foresight assembly.

I think the pin model is earlier. Without the groove it wouldn't be possible to use this version on a plain barrel? Not having seen the screw version I'm not sure if they are interchangeable, but something to consider to stop you buying an unsuitable part.

It is the 'pin' version that I am looking for, the pin locates into a groove cut into the top of the barrel.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Herpquest View Post
    It is the 'pin' version that I am looking for, the pin locates into a groove cut into the top of the barrel.
    In which case the screw version may fit as well? Here's a parts diagram showing the screw version.(And unshrouded barrel).

Would a 300 unit fit? I don't know the corresponding barrel diameters from memory. There's more likelihood of finding one of those, 150 spares are few and far between.

Here's a link to Garvin's post with a scan of the 150 instruction manual if you haven't seen it, just for interest.

Thanks for the info 18 Wheeler, much appreciated!
    I need a couple of the wrap-arounds to fit early 124's.
    ATB
    Eric
    Last edited by Herpquest; 26-06-2011 at 03:36 PM.

You're welcome.

Lovely rifles, full of innovation and a piece of history in many ways.

Although they don't actually list the foresight, this might be a company to contact. They do carry a wide range of spares.

Rutty

Quote Originally Posted by Rutty View Post
    Although they don't actually list the foresight, this might be a company to contact. They do carry a wide range of spares.

Rutty

Thanks Rutty, good lead. Lots of spares to consider, including Haenel!
    ATB
    Eric

A few more links,

- This shows the two 150 variants, mine with the wedge/pin is the same as that in the lower two photographs, butting up to the straight shroud, with a small portion of just barrel protruding at the front.
    The top two pics show the screw/clamp arrangement.

-Waffencentre have this type for the FWB300 (in this case one of three variants), not identical but similar.

If you end up considering fitting the 300 model I can measure mine up and/or compare it with a 300 model from another club shooter to see if they are interchangeable.

Good luck in your quest