Thread: Relum tornado

Relum tornado

I have just been given a tornado i have stripped it down and the piston head theres nothing left but some bits of white plastic and a big rivet in the end of the piston anyone know a good fix for this apart from the dustbin i thought they had leather washrs but that was white plastic i think any ideas cheers bernard ......

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by BERNARD View Post
    I have just been given a tornado i have stripped it down and the piston head theres nothing left but some bits of white plastic and a big rivet in the end of the piston anyone know a good fix for this apart from the dustbin i thought they had leather washrs but that was white plastic i think any ideas cheers bernard ......
    Hi Bernard. You can buy a new leather piston washer and rivet from Protek if you want or make up a new leather washer set up and reuse the rivet OR use a largish countersunk screw and stick a nut or piece of tapped roundbar on the inside of the piston. I have done a few guns like this. Good luck with it.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

cheers mate

cheers for that do protek do them for that gun or are they universal mate.....

Hi
    Hi Chambers do a piston seal kit that comes with the leather seal, spacer and a new rivet for a reasonable price. Just done my earl and late Relum's with this. If yours is a 322 a good mod is to also remove the pip on the cylinder end stop and fit a Meteor Mk5 spring and a BSA Cadet spring guide and remove the inner spring.

thanks

well i have striped this down and the was a square section spring in it no inner spring and very hard to cock but the pad on the cocking arm is worn need to do something with this as well .......

Hi
    Protel do a cocking arm rejuvenation kit which includes the leaf spring and pad for next to nothing for a model 322 and may do similar for other Relum models.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by BERNARD View Post
    well i have striped this down and the was a square section spring in it no inner spring and very hard to cock but the pad on the cocking arm is worn need to do something with this as well .......
    I think I mentioned this in the "idiots guide". You can pick the old bit of fibre out,stick some araldite in the hole and replace it,leaving it slightly proud OR (real cock up engineering this) get the bush out of a butterfly can opener and cut it in half and glue that in. It does work.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

great

all good stuff i love it save you spending a fortune especialy when you have done the gun up its realy not worth much i supose just the enjoyment doing it ....

tornado

dig out old pad on arm.replace with a bit of leather cut to shape.glue in with epoxy.the seal ,i used a webley synthetic seal.allen head bolt with norelock nut.the spring chuck it.on the cocking arm use a vice and carefuly close up gaps on linkages as they tend to part with tough springs.once you have it apart.leave loading tap in .look down cylinder through tap and down barrel..slightly open tap you should get an evern eye opening as you turn it.if not you can shim tap to improve it ,debure cocking slot and cylinder with wet n dry and oil .polish with autosol.these rifles are slated by many ,but can be as good as most of the time with a little attention.you dont want a powerful spring in it .6 to 8ft lbs is a good level ,without wrecking the trigger,make a spring sleve from biscuit tin this will help power and smooth action.most you may have ,its about the best tune you will do and cheap too.oh smooth cocking slot in piston too.solid bit of metal.enjoy.