Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New style S&W Revolver 327 TRR8

New style S&W Revolver 327 TRR8

Anyone seen this on sale in the UK?

http://www.replicaairguns.com/posts/tag/sw-327-trr8

I don't have too much in the way of specification for the Umarex S&W 327 TRR8 but I can say it pretty much looks like an ASG Dan Wesson that has been re-skinned! Something I found a bit funny with this gun si that it is supposed to be a TRR8 replica, and the real S&W 327 TRR8 is an 8 shooter and the Umarex copy is a 6 shooter! Maybe they though nobody would notice?
    Specifications based on Photos and similar Dan Wesson:
    • Uses 12 gram CO2
    • 4.5mm steel BB's
    • 400-450 fps
    • Single & double action
    • 6 rounds
    • 2.25 - 2.5 Pounds
    • All metal
    • Picatinny Rail top and bottom
    • Red Dot Scope accessory
    • Fore grip accessory

Good luck, Phil

Looks very nice but looks more like a Umarex Ruger to me.

ASG did well with the Dan Wessons, great guns, the Rugers look great but I dont like the loading method and I imagine Umarex realised they had been beaten in this respect.

I don't know why no one has yet come out with a CO2 revolver that uses dummy shells with a rifled barrel and shooting pellets. I can understand it with an automatic (though I would love to see an auto with dummy shells and a smooth bore) but a revolver would surely work in exactly the same way as any of Umarex's pellet shooters.

There has got to be a market for it. I for one would be queueing up for something like this, especially a Western revolver.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    An odd-but-interesting-looking gun.

The real-steel caliber is a kind of maxi-magnum .32 Smith and Wesson Long. I doubt that it will catch on: American shooters don't care for centerfire calibers with diameters smaller than .38/9mm: especially in such a big and heavy gun.

I love .32's myself, though.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    Looks very nice but looks more like a Umarex Ruger to me.

ASG did well with the Dan Wessons, great guns, the Rugers look great but I dont like the loading method and I imagine Umarex realised they had been beaten in this respect.

I don't know why no one has yet come out with a CO2 revolver that uses dummy shells with a rifled barrel and shooting pellets. I can understand it with an automatic (though I would love to see an auto with dummy shells and a smooth bore) but a revolver would surely work in exactly the same way as any of Umarex's pellet shooters.

There has got to be a market for it. I for one would be queueing up for something like this, especially a Western revolver.

I have done exactly that, though obviously as a one -off.
    I make dummy shells out of used .38 special cartridges and aluminium tube. Shoots great.
    Only problem is that the trigger unit is made of rubbish metal and rapidly wears, particularly in single action mode. Have just made a replacement trigger unit out of brass and steel, which should last much better.

By contrast, I have just got hold of a Daisy 44 revolver and am delighted to see that the innards are heavy duty real steel

Ian

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by GarryP View Post
    Uurgh!
    Too late, I beat you to it
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Wtf !!!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Ugly as hell, why don't the make them to look like some of the classic looking revolvers like Pythons and Chief Specials etc and who in their right mind is going to hold that grip at the front of the barrel when the projectil could hit your hand.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Ugly? It's a thing of beauty.

Brocock tell me they will have them at the end of the month, gonna get my local gun shop to order one for me.

very similar to something I linked to in an old thread of mine - though it doesn't use shells a la dan wesson from the looks of it. Both pictures are CGI so I'd like to see one in the flesh. Also, the end of the month? which month lol

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post

Brocock tell me they will have them at the end of the month, gonna get my local gun shop to order one for me.
    Come on that barrel looks like a growth of some sort

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I like the revolver but the foregrip is rather dumb. What possible advantage is there on a revolver?

We have a real "eye of the beholder" scenario here, mates!

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

As an aside, Blooregard: your namesake, General Pierre Gustave Toutant Bouregard, and my late wife Jan, are buried in the same cemetery.

I walk past his tomb whenever I go to visit hers.

Two other Confederate Generals are buried there: John Bell Hood, and Richard Taylor.

Jefferson Davis WAS buried there: but his remains have been relocated to Hollywood Cemetery, in Richmond, Virginia.

Also buried there are musician Louis Prima: William Claiborne, the first Governor of Louisiana: and Stan Rice, husband of the author Anne Rice. Interestingly, he and my wife are two of only three people buried there whom I knew while they were alive. The third is a co-worker who, coincidentally, is buried right next to my wife.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post

I agree! It's just a waiting game until they arrive! I just want one ASAP!