Thread: SMK B2 barrel release catch

SMK B2 barrel release catch

don't laugh ... the B2 is quite a good rifle really. This one needs a replacement barrel/breech release thumb catch ... the catch on the lh side that you push forward to push in the barrel/breech retaining plunger to allow the rifle to be cocked.
    Does anyone have a scrap B2 that has this thumb catch ... we have the screw and washer. Fair price paid for this little bit of bent metal. Or, failing that, does anyone know where I might get one? I rang SMK who advised me to work through an RFD.

Also: the rear sight adjuster and screw. I think there is a threaded stud/screw that screws into the action on the breech block and that this screw will have the adjuster on it. We have the sight plus the front retaining screw.

And out of interest: if you remove this sight e.g. to put a scope on, check the tapped hole for the front screw of the rear sight. This rifle has the hole tapped right into the barrel, giving a superb air leak.

All help appreciated

cheers, phil

New one

have you tried your nearest rfd to see if they can get the part for you?

would you be better off buying a whole b2 and either swapping parts over or disregarding the broke one.

I started shooting with a b2 from neath market of all places. I loved it, my mate has a westlake version and shoots loads of rats with his.

Have you had it for long?

Quote Originally Posted by daimaesteg View Post
    have you tried your nearest rfd to see if they can get the part for you?

would you be better off buying a whole b2 and either swapping parts over or disregarding the broke one.

I started shooting with a b2 from neath market of all places. I loved it, my mate has a westlake version and shoots loads of rats with his.

Have you had it for long?
    Fair comment and I might be willing to buy a broken B2 to salvage for parts if anyone has one.
    I have a Westlake break barrel as well but I do not think the release catches are the same?

Cheers, Phil

I've got one you can have for what it's worth (ie free!)

drop me a pm with your address and I'll have a search tonight.

fair does

thats what I love about this place.

well done that man.