Thread: colchester gamekeeper

colchester gamekeeper

bought a couple of guns today, and the seller said to me you may as well take this with you. he handed me a lockable hard case with the remains of a gamekeeper air rifle, 2x barrels,a stock, bottle etc. all the bits bar the action. would like to rebuild but what are the chances of an action turning up, or would there be any interest in selling the bits off.?

interested in one of the barrels but i have to check what i have first lol......might be tempted in the stock if they plastic.....chances of finding the action is very slim unless you buy a complete rifle

Some time ago DM80 (Dave) sold a Gamekeeper and I have a vague memory that there was a complete gun and parts of another - if so you might be able to join the bits to make a complete second gun. I just searched for the sales thread and unfortunately it seems to have disappeared... maybe the buyer (or Dave) will read this?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

barrel

I'd be interested in a 1,77 barrel if you have one cheers Roll

DM80 Guest
    sorry sold all my gamekeeper parts as a job lot a year or so ago as for the barrels its quite simple to machine barrel blanks ie BSA/walther to suite gamekeepers actions etc as for other parts valves and seals they are not available thesedays its best to chuck the valve body away and get a decent engineer to make a more efficent modern version then your gamekeeper may work properly the gamekeeper was a very well made and great looking airgun only let down by its poorly designed valve system who ever came up with that system should have been shot at dawn but for them i'am sure the company would have gone on to greatness well maybe.

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post
    sorry sold all my gamekeeper parts as a job lot a year or so ago as for the barrels its quite simple to machine barrel blanks ie BSA/walther to suite gamekeepers actions etc as for other parts valves and seals they are not available thesedays its best to chuck the valve body away and get a decent engineer to make a more efficent modern version then your gamekeeper may work properly the gamekeeper was a very well made and great looking airgun only let down by its poorly designed valve system who ever came up with that system should have been shot at dawn but for them i'am sure the company would have gone on to greatness well maybe.

Dave.
    But with a rifle other than the gamekeeper eh Dave???

Must say, I think these guns are smaashing lookers, I recall when they were advertised in the mags, there was a suited bloke getting in a fancy car with a brief case, it was the Gamekeeper

I'm fairly sure he wasn't going down the pig farm for an hours ratting

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Advert

I had this advert pulled out of an old mag , and only recently gave it to someone !
    " WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT - SHOOT , DON'T TALK ! "

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    But with a rifle other than the gamekeeper eh Dave???

Must say, I think these guns are smaashing lookers, I recall when they were advertised in the mags, there was a suited bloke getting in a fancy car with a brief case, it was the Gamekeeper

I'm fairly sure he wasn't going down the pig farm for an hours ratting

John
    as dave said the valves are the worst part about the gamekeeper and was told half of them that was sold went out with no valves at all....the barrel design was so simple but worked brilliantly.
    if an engineer could knock up a decent valve for the keeper or adapt one then i be interested

Hi. mickanles I have Colchester Gamekeeper number 000012 and it has never been a problem.
    Being in my collection, I use it several times a year on our range just to keep it in working order.
    Is the case you have the correct one for the Gamekeeper as the one I have is cased but I don't think it is the correct case for the gun.
    If the case you have is in good condition and the correct case for the gun would you be interested in selling the case and the parts to me?

How many different cases was the 'Gamekeeper' supplied in, as there is one in the 'For Sale' section in a totally different case to others I have seen ?
    I thought they were originally sold in a 'Doskocil/GunGuard' case with an engraved serial numbered plate on the top.

hi , the case is a doskocil with a gold square plaque on it stating the gamekeeper by colchester weapon workshop, and serial no, 0024.
    i am going to hang on to for now and hold out for some bits to rebuild, thanks for your posts and pms, regards mike

Colchester Gamekeeper

Hi , wondered if you still had gamekeeper case , i have a couple of these guns both cases are different.Would like to see a picture of yours if you still have it .I have no 17 limited edition.
    Let me know if the case is for sale.
    Phil.

hi gents. update
    i have now bought a main block, with a bag full of bits,valve, springs etc,etc. hopefully i now have enough to rebuild a rifle,
    all i need now is a parts diagram, or pictures of how it all goes together, any help would be great, regards mike

its easy mate....can you put a pic up of the valve please

still looking, any help would be great.