Thread: Feinwerkbau Model 40.

Feinwerkbau Model 40.

I would like to find a good to mint condition Feinwerkbau Model P40.

The "tri-colour" Model P40 came with a 3 colour laminated grip and was supplied with one red and one silver air cylinder. It featured the same style of "lift-up" loading hatch that had been used on all of the Feinwerkbau CO2 pistols and the previous PCP models, and was in fact the last pistol from Feinwerkbau to use this method of cocking the pistol.

The pistol was not very successful at following the popular Model P34, and was soon replaced by the current Model P44 we have today.

At the time it seemed like this "go-faster" coloured model was a last ditch attempt to flog a few more of them, but it never seemed to "catch-on" and was replaced soon enough afterwards as its "trendy" looks only appealed to a few ( a bit like Marmite maybe?).

If anybody has one they would like to sell, please send me a PM with the details and some pictures if possible.
    Last edited by zooma; 10-07-2011 at 07:33 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Even fewer P40 pistols in the UK?

I am beginning to think that the Feinwerkbau P40 match pistol was even less popular in the UK than I first thought it was.

As well as the Tri-colour variant, there was also a "standard" version of the P40 with more regular Morini walnut grips and silver cylinders that did not "benefit" from the Tri-colour "go faster" colours of the type I am looking for, and as it had a rather more "sober" appearance it may have been more acceptable for our UK taste.

Does anyone have a P40 pistol and can let me have an insight as to how it compares in performance with it's P34 predecessor or P44 replacement?

Is anyone even aware of a fellow club member that has one or uses one?
    Last edited by zooma; 04-07-2011 at 06:58 AM.

P40 Found then Lost on eGun

I had a really good and helpful PM yesterday with a link to a Tri-Colour P40 with a r/h RINK grip as well as the original laminated r/h Morini grip that was for sale on eGun.

The red air cylinder was just in date and the silver cylinder was "time expired", but the pistol looked in very good condition with all original accessories and FWB fitted case.

The pistol looked "spot-on" - exactly what I was looking for, but as I was looking at it a "pop-up" notice came on screen to advise that the item had been "withdrawn" and so I never had the chance to make an offer for it.

Thanks for your help Mark - this is as close as I have got to a P40 so far, so thanks for the link and I will keep hunting until I find one.
    Last edited by zooma; 06-07-2011 at 06:30 AM.

Has anybody seen a P40 in their local club?

Has anyone seen a Feinwerkbau P40 target pistol being used in their local clubs recently?

I am still looking to buy one if possible, but I have not even seen one for several years and so I am beginning to wonder if there are any being used anywhere in the UK.

Fwb p40

Hi zooma, A FWB P40 went for 583 EUR on egun the auction finished on 26 August, (not much help now though.) The build quality looks amazing in the photo. http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=3450328
    Evo 10 Compact.

P40 on eGun.

Hi Silver Shooter,

I bid up to 600 euros on two P40 pistols that were on eGun recently, but I was out-bid on both of them.

Others I have chased woud not sell internationally, so I am still looking!

Maybe the one that just sold was not available for international purchase, or maybe I just missed it - but I will keep looking as it is a FWB match pistol I do not have and I really want to find one.

Hi Zooma,

That particular pistol didn't have the tri color grip, just the standard walnut. Hope that makes you feel better that you may have missed it

ATB
    Mark

Thanks

Thanks Mark,

That makes me feel a lot better about it!