Thread: hazzard warning signs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

hazzard warning signs

just a thought when going to get your airtanks refilled,do you need a compressed air sign in your car and if you do and dont display it,will it invalidate your car insurance,(doggone).

Not required for private vehicles.

Just advertises you have something of value to steal.

ATB
    Ray.

Tricky... Ray is right, but if your car is in flames on the motorway, it might help the firefighters to know that there's a 300 bar bomb in the boot, just waiting to go off!

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

imorik is offline I stick my head out and take it on the chin.
    Get a magnetic Compressed Air warning sign off that auction site for a couple of quid. Not compulsory unless it's business use. Use one myself as I use my van for mainly business but at the week end to ferry my kit to the gun club, which is when I use the sign . Plus it'd be a good thing if the fire brigade were trying to put out your car fire that they were aware of the potential bomb you're carrying in the boot.
    AA TX200 MK2 .177, MK3 Barrel, long stroked & shortened T/P
    AA TX200 MK3 HC .177, 22mm internals, shortened T/P
    http://www.anstonftc.co.uk/

doggone

ok thanks lads,i think i will use one,then when i park up take it out,so no undue advertising for the orribles.

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    It dont think it matters whether your vehicle is being used for commercial puposes or not (although it may be an insurance requirement).

The requirement is based on the ammount of air/cylinders you are carrying.

I looked into it some time back with the HSE, it was something daft like 300litres ONO.

You would have to really be packing some to make it a requirement.

My Step Daughter and son in law are coppers, and I have mates who are firemen, and I would like to think if there was a crunch, the emergency services would at least have a clue what they were dealing with.

It is not a requirement, but aside of the theft issue, I think it is a good move to display a sticker, magnetic idealy so you can bung it on the cylinder, and transfer it to the motor when it is in residence as said.

I just used to keep forgetting the bloody thing!!
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
    Tricky... Ray is right, but if your car is in flames on the motorway, it might help the firefighters to know that there's a 300 bar bomb in the boot, just waiting to go off!

Gus
    think sticker might of melted by then

everyones gone hse stupid what did we do how did we live before these stickers must of been cars going up all over

[QUOTE=Raygun;5016702]Not required for private vehicles.

QUOTE]

Unless you were using the vehicle for business, such as as a Pest controller.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Quote Originally Posted by Raygun View Post
    Not required for private vehicles.

Just advertises you have something of value to steal.

ATB
    Ray.
    Then get one that is magnetic or sucker.

If they emergency services attend a car fire and your unconcious and cant warn them, you are happy for a couple of fire crew to have their heads blown off by a cylinder then

Look, it is really simple.

If there is no trade, you are not obliged to carry or display a warning insignia.

That does not mean it is not sensible to do so. In fact, I would argue it is morally unacceptable not to warn someone who is obliged to attend and effectively put their lives on the line.

If your other half was in the brigade and you got that call, I doubt the owner of said vehicle would be on your christmas card list would they.

And if you do have to leave it in the car, either do it where other folks will know like an HFT comp or dont leave it.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Anyone that says it is a good idea for a car, in case the car catches fire also would have to have the sticker displayed in their house window, in case their house catches fire.

Just what is the difference ?

It's more than likely that your air cylinder spends more time in your house/garage than in your car.

Wonder what there's more of, car fires or house fires

ATB
    Ray.

Because you can always inform the local brigade that there is a dive cylinder at that address so if they are called to attend at your residence or next door they can take appropraite action...

Ray what is your problem wether people want to give sensible warning to others

Jesus......I would like to know if I was at risk of having a bottle blow in my immediate vicinity.

And as was said above, how many of people who use scuba tanks actually secure the buggers in the car?

They are heavy enough lifting it in the car but travelling at 70mph it is going to be so much fun
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

I don't have a problem with what anyone wants to do.

It just seems ridiculous to make an issue of having a sticker in your car when you ignore the fact that you keep a charged cylinder in your house without any warning.

As for informing the Fire Brigade you have a cylinder at home, not even a starter. The list of what you would have to inform them of would be endless.

I would imagine 15/20 gallons of petrol would present a far greater risk than a fully tested air cylinder anyway.

It's not a requirement but something that has been extracted from "Industrial Legislation". Maybe there's other stuff that we should consider. I'm pretty certain that if the powers that be had determined a risk then legislation would have been applied to a Private carrier as well as a Commercial one.

We have enough legislation to comply with without inventing stuff someone thinks we should comply with.

If it floats your boat then "Jog on".

ATB
    Ray.