Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hazzard warning signs

Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
    Tricky... Ray is right, but if your car is in flames on the motorway, it might help the firefighters to know that there's a 300 bar bomb in the boot, just waiting to go off!

Gus
    think sticker might of melted by then

everyones gone hse stupid what did we do how did we live before these stickers must of been cars going up all over

Quote Originally Posted by DedIdick View Post
    The line is drawn when you are carrying it by way of trade.
    Private use....no sticker required.
    Trade use, sticker required. It's simple & clear cut.
    You miss my point I think, I was following on from the people who, despite that clear cut ruling, still wish to voluntarily display a sticker. I'm just pointing out that if you go to the effort then where do you stop!

Quote Originally Posted by Raygun View Post
    Can you link to the legislation please.

ATB
    Ray.
    No. All I said was its in the mag.
    I dont write it I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    No. All I said was its in the mag.
    I dont write it I read it.
    And repeat wrong information.

ATB
    Ray.

I tend to agree with giving the fire brigade (and the old bill) a heads up, just in case you have a shunt. As we mostly have steel bottles, the magnetic sticker could live on the bottle when it's not in the car.

Take care
    All in black, all in black, gives wabbits a heart attack.

doggone

some very good thoughts on this lads,i got a safety compressed air sign out of consience i would hate to think that id hurt anyone for the sake of a sign a couple of quid.

i wondered about this, no harm in getting one. next time i take my bottle i will get one.
    Ha'way The Lads

"think sticker might of melted by then"

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

I'll not use a sticker.

That way they'll rush in to rescue me rather than setting up a 100 yard exclusion zone and not letting anyone enter

ATB
    Ray.

I'll not use a sticker.

That way they'll rush in to rescue me rather than setting up a 100 yard exclusion zone and not letting anyone enter

ATB
    Ray.
    Ray,
    You know they will just dig out the Bromochloridiflouromethane (sp?) stuff, save the bottle and then see how much they can get on the car salvage scheme, and after that, they will (eventually) get you out....

Take care, Matt
    All in black, all in black, gives wabbits a heart attack.

i use a magnetic warning sticker when i go to my shots, as it is best to be safe then sorry as there is loads of knob head tailgating tw@ts out there & some back off after they read it.
    but it is not the law as yet to carry a sticker from what i can read on the web etc...., however if i did have a bump or a fire i would think it might be best the firemen etc... know what is in my boot.

And repeat wrong information.

ATB
    Ray.
    Very possably, but how do I know its wrong?? I trust information written & published in a magazine, more than the rantings of unknown internet worriers.
    Perhaps you should direct your attention to something usefull, like getting the magazine to make a correction if they are wrong.

If you've got a few hours to spare you can always check out the HSE website, the regulations & Accepted codes of practice are all on there. You might have to buy some of the publications for the full info.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Very possably, but how do I know its wrong?? I trust information written & published in a magazine, more than the rantings of unknown internet worriers.
    Perhaps you should direct your attention to something usefull, like getting the magazine to make a correction if they are wrong.
    Rantings ?

Get over yourself. It's you who's quoting crap.

ATB
    Ray.

Diamond

As an Operational Officer in the Fire Service any heads up over an identified risk is helpful. With the increase in LPG powered cars we already assess vehicles upon arrival as many of them are not easily identified. Cars have explosive devices within their construction as has been mentioned, such as air bags, seat belt tension devices etc..and a friend of mine was injured by the rear hatch gas strut exploding and hitting him at a car fire.
    We do seem to be in a "health and safeties gone mad" state, but most of the control measures brought in are following an incident.
    How your 12ltr cylinder is transported in the car is as much of an issue. If you are involved in a collision and it's not secured to something, what's to stop it smashing through the rear seats at 70mph or having the valve shear off ?

We will not set up a 100m cordon if the car has a compressed air diamond, but will consider use of shielding, angle of attack and keeping people away from the risk area.
    It's a bit like having a "beware dog" sign on a garden gate, I would rather know before I jumped over it to get to the rear of a property, but it's not law to have one.

Even if you have a warning diamond, if your car is involved in a fire, or collision just let the attending officer know, or tell the 999 call operator when you phone it in.

Just my point of view.
    Alex
    M.A.D for it.
    Team England 2019