Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: hazzard warning signs

I used to use a magnetic one when carrying all my diving cylinders which comprised of gasses other than air but if im only carrying the one cylinder for filling the rifles then I dont bother to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Vimes View Post
    I can understand wanting to help the emergency services should you have a smash. However, if you are going to display the warning signs you need to ensure that you fully comply with the legislation that governs their use. There are further regulations that you should comply with. By virtue of using them you are giving the suggestion that you are a commercial enterprise. That alone may invalidate your insurance. I had long discussions on this with my insurance company. They were happy for me to occasionally carry a dive cylinder for recreational use. They were not happy about me displaying the warning signs. Think long and hard before doing something that you aren't required by law to do. As far as I was concerned it was a case of "The road to hell being paved with good intentions".
    INSURANCE COMPANY or insurance AGENT?

I do not agree with them.

And each insurer will respond differently.

It is down to the knowledge and intelligence of the underwriter (!!!) you speak to and that varies from good to anus.

Better still, get it in writing so in the event of a claim, they cannot wriggle out.

The showing of a sign does not make it trade. it is a reasonable precaution and action for someone carrying 300bar pressure to take to preserve the life or prevent injury.

Which insurer also..
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    The showing of a sign does not make it trade.
    I quite agree, but showing the signage does mean that you have to comply with every regulation as if you were. It's immaterial whether you or I agree with the insurance company (not agent). Try fighting them and they just withdraw your cover or increase your premium massively. The bottom line was that they wouldn't cover me as a non-commercial if I showed the signage. If I weren't covered I would be breaking even more laws. As it stands there is no law stating a private, recreational carrier of dive bottles must show the signs. I have to trust that I either won't have an accident while carrying (not much danger of that these days) or that the rescue services are thoroughly professional and find the bottle without incident.
    Not telling your insurance company that you carry dive bottles could lead to a world of hurt. So can incorrectly displaying the warning signs. Lets face it, most don't display the signage and I'll bet the vast majority don't mention carrying dive bottles to their insurance company either.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!