Thread: Cybergun Sig p226 X-5 replacement parts

Cybergun Sig p226 X-5 replacement parts

The little part on top of the magazine spring on my P226 has snapped in half.

Its the part which tops the spring and pushes the BBs up (and also operates the lock-back mechanism)

Is there anyway to get hold of parts like this, or even get a new mag?

Have they changed the design on these? mine seems to be a pretty strong looking lump of metal.

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    Have they changed the design on these? mine seems to be a pretty strong looking lump of metal.
    Nope they still use the cast alloy monkey metal they always use.

Wierd, mine has fired thousands of rounds faultlessly, same as my other Cybergun stuff.

Rayee is offline I don't need a gun; I've got an attack butterfly.
    Wierd, mine has fired thousands of rounds faultlessly, same as my other Cybergun stuff.
    Lol. The front tyre on my Mondeo went flat once, and I rang my mate to see if his had gone flat on his Mondeo. But no.
    How mysterious is THAT!
    Toilet trained since March

Quote Originally Posted by Rayee View Post
    Lol. The front tyre on my Mondeo went flat once, and I rang my mate to see if his had gone flat on his Mondeo. But no.
    How mysterious is THAT!
    About as mysterious as it is likely to have a Toyota accelerating out of all control and killing it's occupants?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayee View Post
    How mysterious is THAT!
    So nothing like the 2 posters who have recently bought this gun and had the same problem, unlike others have had them a while without the problem. Therefore prompting the perfectly reasonable question : has the design changed?

A wise man has something to say, a fool has to say something.

So nothing like the 2 posters who have recently bought this gun and had the same problem, unlike others have had them a while without the problem. Therefore prompting the perfectly reasonable question : has the design changed?

A wise man has something to say, a fool has to say something.
    Well said.

Could be numerous reasons why. Coincidence is the most likely explanation, a bad batch is another. I could be wrong and maybe the material has changed, but I doubt it somewhat.

My experience has been , both with these and especially with airsofts that the mags respond well to either accidental or deliberate release of the spring loaded catch on an empty , or low charge of bbs .

I have broken a few doing this which is infuriating considering it is such a key component and ofter v difficult to repair / replace .

One in particlar I remember ( a Mac 10 airsoft mag ) broke the plastic lips off the top of the mag which feeds the rounds into the chamber . £45 for a replace mag from Wolf Armouries !

I would have thought the metal followers would have been much tougher but apparantly not ?

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

Yus, loading some mags can be more dangerous than the actual gun itself. If I had 78pence for every time a dozen bb's have shot past my face just as I was drizzling the last bb into the mag...well. I'd have nearly a fiver.

And try not to leave your mags full. Not just for safety, but it can make the springs tired.