Thread: A 1914-1917 BSA Standard

A 1914-1917 BSA Standard

A very late production .177 BSA Standard for sale. SN in the 79000s. By this time, BSA had discontinued the Improved Model D and replaced it with the Standard model. This rifle's cylinder would have originally been etched but this has long since disappeared. Smooth patchy finish overall with no pitting. Nice clean stock retains crisp chequering but is missing the butt plug (there has to be a better name for this component!), which you won't notice when the rifle is sat in the rack. Trigger guard has been fitted with an original BSA sling swivel eye, which I almost retained for another rifle but couldn't bring myself to split it as it came with this rifle when I bought it and will stay with the rifle when it goes off to a new home. Foresight is a replacement but is tight in its dovetails. Cocking lever eye is unmolested and action is tight. Rearsight is complete but worn. I couldn't release the adjustment wheel and didn't want to risk further wear. All in all a good example of a late production model in good working order - £160

Provisionally SOLD, pending the usual

Feel free to ask any questions.

Kind regards,
    John

https://picasaweb.google.com/josie.m...eat=directlink
    Last edited by Josie & John; 10-07-2011 at 10:40 AM. Reason: sale

pm sent

PM sent

Thank you all for replies and PMs.
    The first PM was at 0840 from Essefb, who did not reply via the thread but was nevertheless first. I have therefore offered the rifle to esseffb via PM to be as fair as possible.

Kind regards,
    John

edbear2 Guest
    Sorry to interrupt the sale, but thanks for the picture of the trigger guard sling eye John......I knew I had seen one somewhere to get a pattern for making one, but had forgotten where! (one on the back burner for that poor old Imp sporting I recently got with the guard drilled and the barrel dovetailed for sling attachments)....don't suppose you have a BSA with the dovetail front swivel block fitting?.

ATB, Ed

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Sorry to interrupt the sale, but thanks for the picture of the trigger guard sling eye John......I knew I had seen one somewhere to get a pattern for making one, but had forgotten where! (one on the back burner for that poor old Imp sporting I recently got with the guard drilled and the barrel dovetailed for sling attachments)....don't suppose you have a BSA with the dovetail front swivel block fitting?.

ATB, Ed
    Hi Ed,
    No trouble as it's always good to hear from you. I do and have PM'd you some pics.

Kind regards,
    John

[QUOTE=Josie & John;5026053]A very late production .177 BSA Standard for sale. SN in the 79000s. By this time, BSA had discontinued the Improved Model D and replaced it with the Standard model. This rifle's cylinder would have originally been etched but this has long since disappeared. Smooth patchy finish overall with no pitting. Nice clean stock retains crisp chequering but is missing the butt plug (there has to be a better name for this component!), which you won't notice when the rifle is sat in the rack. Trigger guard has been fitted with an original BSA sling swivel eye, which I almost retained for another rifle but couldn't bring myself to split it as it came with this rifle when I bought it and will stay with the rifle when it goes off to a new home. Foresight is a replacement but is tight in its dovetails. Cocking lever eye is unmolested and action is tight. Rearsight is complete but worn. I couldn't release the adjustment wheel and didn't want to risk further wear. All in all a good example of a late production model in good working order - £160

Provisionally SOLD, pending the usual

Feel free to ask any questions.

Kind regards,
    John

https://picasaweb.google.com/josie.m...eat=directlink[
    Last edited by Mr Smiths Mate; 20-08-2011 at 08:56 PM. Reason: wrong post