Thread: 4.49 or 4.50 - what should I use and why?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How About Rifle Pellets?

Having "dug-out" the old 300S with a view to using it after a rebuild, I have bought a 601 to use during the "down-time" I am expecting to be without it. ( it should be here early this week).

So now for the first time I am interested in a slightly different slant to this debate that has been mainy focused on pellets used in pistols.

I am guessing the Geco/Hobby argument and recommendation is not so strong for use in my new rifle activety as I believe heavier pellets could be better suited - and maybe the 4.50 size could actually be better than the smaller 4.48 and 4.49 sizes?

Any thoughts on using 4.50 R10 Rifle or 4.50 JSB Yellow's?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Methinks I will try some Gecos for myself in my P44 and see what happens - they are certainly worth a try.
    As they say in the discount stores "Why pay more ?".
    An experienced shooter at the club was coaching me, I was using his Matchgun MG1, I thought I had put a pellet in the breach the wrong way, he said it would not matter it would only make a couple of mms difference.
    Evo 10 Compact.