Thread: 4.49 or 4.50 - what should I use and why?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

4.50 - don't worry about anything else for target shooting.

I think the more recent comments about the cheaper RWS Basic, GECO and RWS CO2 pellets - all available in 4.50 only - more or less prove that as far as target shooting goes at 6 yards or 10 metres there is really no gain in worrying too much about whether or not a pellet is 4.49 or 4.50 - they both shoot the same.

I will be shooting 4.50 from now onwards ( as my supplies of any other types slowly expire) as I see no reason or proof that any other size is worth worrying about.

4.50 also gives more choice as every ".177" flat headed pellet is made in this size in all prices and types.

That is not to say that some pellet types do not work better in some barrels than others - because sometimes certain pellets do work better in barrels that can be "pellet fussy" - but even then the difference between 4.49 and 4.50 is not a factor to worry about - just the type!

Personally I find the RWS Meisterkugeln in 4.50 works well in most air pistols that I shoot, and for those that want a heavier pellet then the rifle version of the Meisterkugeln work well too !

These are not the cheapest pellet but they are significantly less expensive than RWS R10 pellets and offer a similar high quality with a proven world record winning performance and nicely bridge the gap between budget and premium priced pellets.
    Last edited by zooma; 23-10-2015 at 06:22 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.