Thread: 4.49 or 4.50 - what should I use and why?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nice shooting Mark, and based on that evidence a reasonable conclusion from Silvershooter to stick with his choice of budget pellets (Hobby)

- but this only shows that good results can be had from less expensive pellets, and that in itself is a very useful reference for us all, and one that Mark has already eluded to in his previous contribution to this debate.

However, the question as to why the manufacturers bother to measure and pack their premium grade pellets of the same type in tins certified to be 4.48, 4.49. 4.50 or 4.51 etc still remains a mystery to me, and even more so when the results we have seen tend to suggest there is firstly no practical reason for the manufacturers to do this, and even less practical reason for the shooters to buy a certain size when they can all work as well as each other - not to be confused with weight or brand that may suite one type of pistol or rifle better than another - or maybe this (weight of pellet) is another "can of worms" to discuss here?

I am guessing the Geco pellets (as usd by Mark) are nominally 4.50, but the tins have no labels on the underside to confirm this? (sorry, I have never used them, so I am only guessing).
    Last edited by zooma; 17-07-2011 at 09:58 AM. Reason: spellin mistook
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.