Thread: 4.49 or 4.50 - what should I use and why?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yes - but why?

Maybe you are right about that Mark - opinions vary - some say qaulity is better than qauntity, and most pistols unquestionably group better with one brand/type/weight or another.

As this is the Target/Competition shooting section of the forum I am looking to find the answer (if possible) in relation to accuracy between these minute sizing choices - if in fact there really is any advantage to be had by choosing one size against another within the same brand and type of pellet.

Having established the brand/type that seems to suite your pistol the best by giving the tightest groups, I would like to know if any further tightening of the group can be gained by then further testing the same pellets in the various gauges on offer from the same source.

If not - why do they bother to produce such a wide choice of small calibre variations?

Perhaps this would make a good test review to either prove or disprove the myth or fact that there is some or no difference to be gained by choosing 4.49, 4.50 (or other)

What I am trying to find out is why after all these years is it now felt necessary by the manufacturers to offer 4.49, 4.50, 4.51 etc. in many of the brands and types now on sale, and in particular why 4.49 now seems to be the most popular choice used by most competition pistol target shooters.
    Last edited by zooma; 22-05-2015 at 08:15 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.