Thread: Can a collection consist of only one rifle?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Can a collection consist of only one rifle?

I'd like to get my collection down to just one rifle. I'd still have a few to use for different purposes, but only have one 'discretionary' rifle. But is that a collection?

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I'd like to get my collection down to just one rifle. I'd still have a few to use for different purposes, but only have one 'discretionary' rifle. But is that a collection?
    No. It's just a start
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

What i have done is i dont count two types of gun, lets say bsa mercury and sharp innova. That way you can have one diferent rifle and tons of the ones you dont count. This way you can officially only have one gun and your cake, and eat it

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    No.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    If you strip it and lay out the parts I think that constitutes a collection
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Roodles is offline Stellen sie Fragen über Fragen

Smile Taken apart,it could be called a jigsaw.

No-can I become a crowd?

In your case I think an exception to the rule can be made, Alistair. Even if you do manage to get the collection down to one, it won't be long before the number heads back up again. It's your destiny, my friend, as the eternal "reluctant collector".
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Cool

Beware the one gun man...

Yes

I have a collection of one. At one stage I had a collection of 30, but was chasing the elusive gun of my dreams.

I got it - Webley Venom Tomahawk Sidewinder Varminter in .177. Only 2-3 exist. (thumbhole stock).

I dreamt of it since I saw a review in Gun Mart in 2003. Now I have it I don't want anything else........

until I saw a pro-elite for sale. This is only to keep it company as it appeared to be lonely.

So yes - the only way is up!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

What about if it is a collection seperated by time rather than space?

So a different one each four months?

Or even one which is modified from springer to PCP to recoilless springer from.177 to .22 to .co...

I think I'll just thin down a bit. Danny is right.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

it seems to me that as a consequence of owning one thing, it nearly always leads to another as you start to find refinements and interesting features ;therefor if you can say you have found in this case a rifle/pistol that contains the widest number of refinements useualy found in several other models i suppose it avoids the neccesity of a collection,cant say that it works for me .i would say 30 is a nice round number which i have heard on a number of occasions give or take a couple ,i cant say now "umm i would like one of those " as at 30 or so i seem to have all that i want.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

30!!! Due to current circumstances I am down to four from six. If I could afford too I would own several hundred, like that swine Ian Jones.

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !