Thread: ags scopes

ags scopes

does anyone know what ags scopes are like i fancy a ags cobalt rm 4-16x50 ao ir it comes with flipup covers and a 4" sunshade seems good for the price of £84.99

Red face

Does nobody no anything about ags scopes then

Some of the "old" (pre last Webley collapse) AGS scopes were good value for money and had quite respectable low light performance - but I don't know if the new Cobalt is the same manufacturer or not. As far as I know AGS are just a brand, not a manufacturer - the old scopes were very similar to some of the Leapers and JSR scopes - very similar indeed!

AGS Cobalt

Just reading a review in 'Airgun World' - very complimentary indeed and that's before the price is taken into account. I'm recommending one for my son to have a look at, it sounds very good.

Cheers, Mick.

The couple that I have do not have 'normal' mildot spacing. The dot spacing is much wider, (but TBH, haven't looked at/through them for a couple of years).

very good scopes,I had a 3/9/50 hunter on my .22 rimfire for ages and was very pleased with its clear optics and kept it's zero well,better than some of the more expensive scopes I've had,I would have another

Made by Leapers.
    I had a 56mm one, very good glass for the money.
    At the mo' I have a 42mm one, terrible glass
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

i have an ags 3-9x40 on my hw100 its better than all my other scopes they are set to 35 mtrs parralax for the uk. a true airgun scope i was thinking about a 3-9x50 for one of my other guns..
    assistant sec, bolton airguns society.

AGS offer good value for money and i have used a couple in the past. They won't blow you way with superior performance but they are great performers all the same
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.