Hi. Peter
I just stuck it on the gun quickly, I found out I it was wrong when I nearly got lynched by some of the members when I took the gun with the scope still incorrectly mounted out of it’s case.
I have since changed the mounting to barrel only at the range tonight.
Not having the instructions caused me a few problems as I had difficulty getting a sight picture until I found that there are two focus adjustments one in the normal position and another beyond the parallax adjustment.
I have not finished zeroing the rifle with the scope but it will now shoot a five shot half inch group which I will adjust to the bull next visit to the range.
At least I found out where the bullets were going as it's difficult to bore sight a martini action.
It will take me a while to get used to it as the weight of scope and gun (must be well over 15lbs although I have not weighed it) is currently not pleasant to use so I will need to get a rest of some sort as it's not enjoyable to use.
Any suggestions at to what type of rest to look out for, as I have never done any shooting with a rest before.