Quote Originally Posted by jackal View Post
I indeed did find there was a lack of space on the rail. I've just measured it and theres around 35mm of space on the front rail and around 32mm on the rear. But I must admit I didn't find the lack of space a problem...
I'm able to mount a scope in the available rail space, albeit only full-length scopes with plenty of tube, but what I can't do is mount them with the correct eye relief as they place any scope much too close to my eye.

I thought I might get around this by using my Connect 01, which has zero eye relief but there's not enough room to mount it either.

ISTM that Brocock should have been aware of this issue, and either re-designed the side plate to minimise it, or designed a dedicated bridging rail to compensate for it.

Does your Contour have the same side bolt as mine?
Yes. And I like it. like the Contour, it's as compact as possible, yet still very tactile, and moving to a side-bolt configuration means you can cock the action without changing your head position, and that cuts down on the time required for a second shot.

And does your stock come in black? I heard that the initial Contour Super Six .22s come in this colour? And is it the XL version?
The first Super 6 I saw at a show had a black stock, but mine has a natural beech colour. There are no XL markings on it either, so I wonder if Brocock have dropped this nomenclature, or perhaps it is only applied to the walnut-stocked guns?