Thread: Brocock Concept Super Six .22

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ah I see, I knew the XL stands for 'Extra Long', but I thought you had that version & not the other Contour. Hence why I was a little confused why yours didn't have the XL markings.

The XL has a bracket holding the barrel & cylinder in place too, like the Concept variants. Don't the Contours come with gun bag too?

Was just wondering, Mr.Gain. Do you use a dive bottle to top-up/fill-up your contour?

After using the FX stirrup pump a few times I've been looking into purchasing a 3 litre dive bottle. Although the FX is a great bit of kit, I'm topping up every 15-20 shots or so to save on effort which is fine by me, but theres always going to be times when I've fired 60+ shots without topping up on various occasions & its just a bit of a effort - hence showing growing interest in a dive bottle.

As I say, I'm looking for a 3 litre dive bottle (nothing huge or too heavy) but I'm not sure how many fill-ups I'd get from it (my Concept having a slim line 200BAR cylinder).

Many thanks.
    'It's possible. The point is getting away with it. And speaking as a professional, that's a very important consideration.'

Quote Originally Posted by jackal View Post
    Don't the Contours come with gun bag too?
    No. It would be nice if they did a dinky little bag for it though.

Was just wondering, Mr.Gain. Do you use a dive bottle to top-up/fill-up your contour?
    Yes. I dive as well, so it's a no-brainer really.

As I say, I'm looking for a 3 litre dive bottle (nothing huge or too heavy) but I'm not sure how many fill-ups I'd get from it (my Concept having a slim line 200BAR cylinder).
    If you see yourself shooting PCPs for years to come, then I'd invest in a full-size 10l or 12l cylinder as well as a portable jobbie: it's well worth the convenience. I've a pair of 300-bar 10s that keep me shooting for the whole autumn/winter period without a refill but with a little gun like the Contour I've been thinking it would be nice to have a handy 3l topper-upper to keep in the wagon or day sack.

as im looking for a nice small karbine,i thought your review was good and i will be ordering one shortly

I have a Brocock contour in .22,single shot with a Hawke Panorama scope and a hw silencer, it's deadly, one of the best rifles I have ever owned. Cheers
    Ps if you are ever thinking of stripping down my advise is don't bother they are a right pain in the backside.