Quote Originally Posted by jackal View Post
Just wondering, are you planning on fitting a silencer of any kind? I'm getting myself a Parker Hale MM1 on Monday and a silencer adaptor too. [...] Concerning the silencer & all. The reason why the Parker Hale MM1 is budget reasons first and foremost. At £30 its a good price when compared to other makes and when tested in Airgun Shooter a year or so ago, via a Daystate, it was the second quietest out of ten silencers tested 61.7 dbA. The quietest was the Webley QGS at 61.6 dbA which is priced at, as much as it makes no difference, around the £50 mark the last time enquired. So the Parker Hale MM1 it is then. [...] Not sure about your Contour, but I find the muzzle crack of my Concept quite ruddy loud.
I think it's a given that PCPs require silencers for hunting, and for back garden plinking for that matter, and the Contour is no exception. My silencer adapter was £9. I already had a compact Brocock silencer for an Aim-X pistol, which does about 85% of what a larger silencer will do on the Contour, but the adapter lets me fit my carbon-fibre Daystate unit, and this (unsurprisingly) gives better results, albeit at the price of a little more length and weight.