Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sharp Innova

Sharp Innova

Could someone please tell me the maximum amount of pumps for full power ,and what sort of fps should i be getting in 177. ive read 4 pumps max and also 6 pumps max so im a little confused.

Quote Originally Posted by dazmond66 View Post
    Could someone please tell me the maximum amount of pumps for full power ,and what sort of fps should i be getting in 177. ive read 4 pumps max and also 6 pumps max so im a little confused.
    The maximum is 5 pumps as is the case with the ace.If your gun has not been tamperd with it should blow any extra pumps out....they dont all ways behave as they should thoughI have been a sharp user since the early 80's and know my facts so dont any one tell me I'm wrong please

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Sean View Post
    The maximum is 5 pumps as is the case with the ace
    the manual says 4 ,but if you put 5 in you might get a little extra fps, but you will also most probably hear the blow off valve which prevents you from going over 12ft/lbs,so you can keep pumping as long as you like really doesnt help tho...

The blow off valves are 'Hit and miss' on the Innova and Ace models. the .177 models usually need more pumps than a .22 model to achieve a certain power level. It's best if you have got access to a chronograph, then you can test and fine tune.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

I have 3 Innovas in .177 (and 8 in .22) and my .177 versions are all adjusted to around 11.5 ft lb

Full power is acheived after 9 pumps.

My .22 versions acheive full power after 6 pumps.

Hope this helps

Cheers
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

It sounds like you are suffering from obsessive compulsive disorder; matty boy

4,5,6,9........????????????????

4,5,6,9........????????????????
    Like i previously stated, try and access a chronograph to find out what your rifle is capable of, it could be 8,9,10 or more pumps to get full power, there is no set number of pumps.

There are a number of variables involved, the condition of your air cylinder seals,pumphead seal,adjustment of pump stroke, bolt seals, transfer port seal, ect.
    Best to put it over a chronograph, no doubt your local gunshop will help.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

I agree with Old Jud (as usual ) eh George...

You must chrono your own Innova at 4,5,6,7,8,9 pumps to get a power spread idea.

I am generalising a bit but mine are all very similar as they all have new seals throughout and are properly adjusted for pump arm length.

Lets not discuss exhaust valve springs again

Cheers
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Quote Originally Posted by OLD JUD View Post
    Like i previously stated, try and access a chronograph to find out what your rifle is capable of, it could be 8,9,10 or more pumps to get full power, there is no set number of pumps.

There are a number of variables involved, the condition of your air cylinder seals,pumphead seal,adjustment of pump stroke, bolt seals, transfer port seal, ect.
    Best to put it over a chronograph, no doubt your local gunshop will help.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    I agree with Old Jud (as usual ) eh George...

You must chrono your own Innova at 4,5,6,7,8,9 pumps to get a power spread idea.

I am generalising a bit but mine are all very similar as they all have new seals throughout and are properly adjusted for pump arm length.

Lets not discuss exhaust valve springs again

Cheers
    Sarcasm will get you.........Somewhere young Matty!
    Yes, excessive wear in the springs won't help, neither will excessive play in the Exhaust valve back guide, ect.

Only a chrono will answer the pertinent question.

one more question ,does the innova require any lubrication and if so were?

one more question ,does the innova require any lubrication and if so were?
    The pivot points CP018/DP069/DP215 on here........CLICK

And the odd very light wipe of MOLYKOTE (Or similar) on the piston head, some owners don't bother with this some do

Quote Originally Posted by OLD JUD View Post
    The pivot points CP018/DP069/DP215 on here........CLICK

And the odd very light wipe of MOLYKOTE (Or similar) on the piston head, some owners don't bother with this some do
    I agree... again

I liked you comment about me being Young Matty

I still feel 21

Thanks again.