Thread: Wanted: 1858 New Model Army (Uberti/Piette etc)

Wanted: 1858 New Model Army (Uberti/Piette etc)

Alright,

Following on from my last thread, I am now after a 1858 New Model Army, but thought I'd check on here to see if anyone has one the wish to sell before I buy new/get a s/h one off guntrader.

Prefer a blued model but don't think I'd be too fussy if right price.

Regards,

Diehard

Have a look on guntrader.com theres a few on there worth a look at. Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tim56 View Post
    Have a look on guntrader.com theres a few on there worth a look at. Tim
    Aye been having a looksy mate, any tips on what to look out for?

Best advice is always to get yourself to a club that shoots b/p pistols and have a go with any you can. If you have big hands the Rogers and Spencer has biggish grips. If you want a modern one try the Ruger old army, built to last and far more accurate than i will ever be. The remington copies shoot well and are cheeper to buy but have slightly smaller grips. The Colt copies probably shoot ok but personally i like a top strap above the cylinder. Check out the Henry Kranks web site for prices of new stuff. You pays your money and takes your choice. Be warned though. Its addictive stuff.
    Let us know what you get! Tim

Im very happy with my 1858 Pietta Remington competition that was a steal on guntrader! Definately the most fun gun to shoot I have tried so far.

If you can I would say go down to Kranks and have a look, they have just about everything in stock. I would also consider stainless steel if I were going to buy another, they require quite a bit of cleaning afterwards and stainless would be much less of a worry especially if you have a dishwasher!