Thread: Sharp innova.

Sharp innova.

I'm struggling to get one of these in proper working order.I have had a look at various exploded diagrams and mine seems to have an extra part I can't see on others.
    The inlet pump head,the one with the black seal on the end has a strong spring inside with a ball bearing and a brass valve.It's the brass valve I can't see on the diagrams.It's about half an inch long and has what I can only describe as a mushroom head that seats on the removable brass part that screws out of the housing.
    When assembled it refuses to blow off except at very limit of the adjustment when it blows after just 2 pumps,turn it back in a fraction and it won't blow at all.
    Is this valve supposed to be there? or is it some later "improvement" that someone has done because as it is it is decidedly dodgy in legal terms.

Hi Martin

Take the ball out!!!

It should not be there!!!

The mushroom head is the valve and the spring should sit directly on this.

Keep the ball as a spare inlet valve ball for inside the brass pressure cylinder should you ever need one

This should sort you out

ATB
    Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Thanks,I'll try that.I can strip it in about 2 minutes,i've had it apart that many times

Me too.

Once you get the hang of it you can do it in the dark blindfolded in 3 minutes like in the assasin action movies LOL
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Right,done that and lo and behold the valve blows I've fine tuned it a bit and it blows at 7 pumps.What do they usually blow at.I've heard they should be set at 10 pumps in .177.I've not got access to a chroni until the weekend to make sure of the power but would appreciate it if anyone knows about how many pumps it takes to say about 11fpe.

Quote Originally Posted by brucieboy View Post
    Right,done that and lo and behold the valve blows I've fine tuned it a bit and it blows at 7 pumps.What do they usually blow at.I've heard they should be set at 10 pumps in .177.I've not got access to a chroni until the weekend to make sure of the power but would appreciate it if anyone knows about how many pumps it takes to say about 11fpe.
    How long is a piece of string Brucie? Have a read of this thread, then get it over the chronograph.......CLICK
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

Quite a few variables then!

Indeed

In .177 if it blows off on the 9th pump you should be close to the 11-11.5 mark

This is a generalisation of course

I would set it to this and then chrono it.

Let us know how you get on.

I'll then offer you 50 quid for it

LOL

What,againThis one has the original alloy silencer adapter and 5 inch male silencer and the rubber butt pad still on,plus no-one has sawn off the barrel like the other one,and it works properly nowPity about the abused plastic breech though.