Thread: Daystate Airwolf Tac help

Daystate Airwolf Tac help

Is this the rifle that can do it all ?

it is alot of cash to be handing over, what sort of advantages would i see over the mech daystates for the cash? from a hunters point of view

How many shots in .177 from a full charge ?

Lets say if i was to arange to go hunting the following day, do i just put the rifle on charge? what happends if i dont go hunting for lets say a month? and the rifle doesnt get used in that time period, do i need to keep it topped up when it is in storage or will the charge keep ?

How long does the battery last from full charge ?

I heard a "few people" say the wolfs are effected by the frost/cold weather, i read where a guy was out with his, lined up the shot but when he pulled the trigger nothing happened? anyone had this happen before?

Do they still come with the free hardcase and free mk5 silencer inc with the tac ?

How reliable are they? say compared to daystates mech pcps? ived had 5 mech Daystate rifles and never had a single problem with any of them, i did have the MK3 but not long enough to get a good idea how reliable the electronics were.

chief

Hi Chief, had my Airwolf Tac .177 since Jan this year. Very pleased with it, not missed a beat and it shoots much better than I can. Must say I've not found the shot count - 250+ is enough for even the longest plinking sesh. Battery lasts for ages between recharges. After 3/52 of no use I switched it on and the pressure indicated had remained at 200. I'm very impressed with it so far, the only slight negative is that it's a bit on the heavy side especially with a Tac 30 on top. To be fair you only notice the weight if out stalking - for ambush hunting or targets no probs at all. Sorry I've no idea if you can still get them with the free kit, guess I was lucky as I bought the first one - serial No. 0001. The Reflex5 is very quiet on it. Cant really compare triggers as I've not shot the mechanical Daystates. The electronic feels nice and crisp. If you fancy a pop with it and can make Sealand let me know.
    In all I'd give it a big thumbs up - go on spoil yourself.
    Hope this of help, ATB - Nige.
    Last edited by Sprout; 17-07-2011 at 06:44 AM.

I can't answer all your questions, but I have an airwolf about 1 month old, It came with mk5 silencer so tac should as well - very quite.
    Battery charge lasts ages, best to charge regularly every month. The battery may need replacing after 2-3yrs I guess. This is my third electric Daystate - no probs to report.
    My wolf is gave me 400 shots before I noticed drop off at 40yds from 400cc bottle and 200bar fill - way more than expected.

Mand
    Airwolf, Prosport, GinB HW98, LGU, HW100T, Theoben Grand Prix:- all .177

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum View Post
    Is this the rifle that can do it all ?

it is alot of cash to be handing over, what sort of advantages would i see over the mech daystates for the cash? from a hunters point of view

How many shots in .177 from a full charge ?

Lets say if i was to arange to go hunting the following day, do i just put the rifle on charge? what happends if i dont go hunting for lets say a month? and the rifle doesnt get used in that time period, do i need to keep it topped up when it is in storage or will the charge keep ?

How long does the battery last from full charge ?

I heard a "few people" say the wolfs are effected by the frost/cold weather, i read where a guy was out with his, lined up the shot but when he pulled the trigger nothing happened? anyone had this happen before?

Do they still come with the free hardcase and free mk5 silencer inc with the tac ?

How reliable are they? say compared to daystates mech pcps? ived had 5 mech Daystate rifles and never had a single problem with any of them, i did have the MK3 but not long enough to get a good idea how reliable the electronics were.

chief
    Wiggi you're not after ANOTHER rifle are you?! Gotta be Air Rifle OCD - you'll never be happy!

Good luck with your new search for the 'perfect rifle' let us know how you get on. When you've spent all your money, tried everything out and decided what's best let me know what that rifle is and I'll buy it I have a sneaking feeling you'll go through every rifle and then fall back to your HW97K..

ATB

Elliott

.22LR CZ452; .22 Hornet CZ527
    Tikka T3 Varmint .223; .204 Ruger CZ527 Varmint;
    6.5 Creed Bergara B14 HMR

Quote Originally Posted by HW100KT Owner View Post
    Wiggi you're not after ANOTHER rifle are you?! Gotta be Air Rifle OCD - you'll never be happy!

Good luck with your new search for the 'perfect rifle' let us know how you get on. When you've spent all your money, tried everything out and decided what's best let me know what that rifle is and I'll buy it I have a sneaking feeling you'll go through every rifle and then fall back to your HW97K..

ATB

Elliott
    HEHE! think you are right mate! but i love pcps and springers as much as each other and will always have atleast one of each! its nice having that choice. still really in two minds about this, i like the idea of the electrics.. but im waying up the pros/cons

chief