Thread: Benchrest air rifle

Question Benchrest air rifle

Hi guys ,
    Info please ,what is the limit on scope size if any for 25m benchrest air rifle.
    Regards Peter

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to
    Hi Peter

do you mean physical size or magnification - I am sure there isn't a limit on either, but I will see if I can find some rules and regs in my pile of papers .....

Lee
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.

NSRA or UKBR22?

Not sure about NSRA, but UKBR22 have rules depending on classification.
    Sporter Air = Max. 12x
    International Sporter Air = Max. 6.5x
    Light Varmint = Unlimited
    Heavy Varmint A = Unlimited
    Heavy Varmint B = Unlimited

Outside of the magnification rules though, big scopes must also not push the rifle weight over the class limits, so for the varmint classes, one needs to watch the weight if one wants to put a ridiculously huge scope on it.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

Benchrest Air Rifle

Many thanks guys for the info,second question where is the nearest competion shoot to say Sandbach Cheshire.
    Regards Peter

Refer to this thread.

For clubs, you're best off following the link to the NSRA clubfinder, most of the postals will be shot in clubs. The UK22BR site doesn't seem to have much by the wya of a club-finder, just links to regional reps.

Don't know about shoulder-to-shoulder meetings. Have a hunt around the UKBR22 site and ask your regional rep.
    It'd be helpful if you could say which rule set and discipline you are following. It'd help us suggest an appropriate club/organisation.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

Benchrest Air Rifle

Many thanks for the info, Would like to use my 8002 S2 with big nikko so I think that would come in as heavy,or Light with maybe a change of scope,although not weighed anything @ the moment.
    Regards Peter