Thread: target competitons

target competitons

hello
    coming back to shooting and decided to go with air instead of smallbore (always used air for practice but never for anything else). I'm at a loss though when it comes to competitions.
    in days gone by i'd shoot postal comps, do these exist for air rifles?

what competitions are out there? a beginners guide whould be great, but i cant find anything.

please help a target air newbie.

Are you a member of a club? There are team and individual Postal competitions run by the NSRA, and probably also county and local associations. Your club will probably be entering something. Competitions definitely exist.

For the NSRA ones, you need to be a member of the NSRA to enter, which also gets you insurance (both liability and for your shooting kit), reduced entries to meetings (e.g. British Air Championships), subscription to the Rifleman, etc.

Entries for the winter season postal are due in August though, so get a move on.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

thanks for the response.

yes i'm a member of a club (warrington district). better ask tonight while i'm down there.

august. eep i'm running short of time your right.

once again many thanks.

No worries. Entries are available for download here. They close August 10th.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    You can now shoot LWSR competitions using an air rifle
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr