Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cometa Indian pistol repair.

Pretty? We are talking about the Cometa Indian?

I bought one because I like ugly guns (if they are not Webleys) and I thought these babies looked as if they were expensive to make so production would not last long, ergo, collectable almost instantly.

I wonder just how many have been made? Mine is the cased nickle thing, I do not mind shooting it but my friends and my son hate it!
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smiths Mate View Post
    Owt German
    Quote Originally Posted by pcusername View Post
    Like a HW45 maybe? Overrated,overpriced and not as well made as they appear, plus they are front heavy and damned hard to get any optics to fit properly as well as trying to look like a colt 1911 for some reason.Saying that I've had 3 over the years,excellent trigger though.So I can make a comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smiths Mate View Post
    Overpriced yes and they do look pretty.....
    I'm another person who dislikes the HW45. If you think the HW45 looks pretty you need your eyes testing, they're out of proportion, slab-sided and look damn ugly in my opinion! They are well made and work well but you'd expect that for the price, they are overpriced and expensive. Not only that, they're not as powerful as everyone cracks on, I've had several and never seen one doing more than 4.5 ft/lbs. They're also soulless and not that enjoyable to shoot in my opinion. As for your cracks about Webleys... They might not be as accurate or as powerful as an HW45, but one that's been looked after and serviced right can be a joy to shoot! I own an HW45 and shoot a Webley Tempest far more often, it's just more enjoyable and satisfying to shoot than the HW. In fact I shoot my Tempest most often, then my BSA Scorpions, then my Hy-Scores, then my Baikal, then my Cometa Indian, then my BSA 240 Magnum, then a load of other pistols before I bother with the 45. The HW45 comes very low in the list. I just find it rather boring and unsatisfying to shoot.

Finally, about the Cometa Indian, it's more powerful than any of the HW45s I've ever had and it's more fun and more satisfying to shoot as well, even with its heavy trigger. I think it's better looking too, it certainly has better proportions than the topheavy HW45.

Well said.The new sear is black rather than silver and seems better finished than the original,far smoother so the trigger is nowhere near as hard to pull as before and is very predictable.