Thread: Cometa Indian pistol repair.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cometa Indian pistol repair.

http://www.aceros-de-hispania.com/ai...-airpistol.htm
    I have come into possession of one of these.Not bad at all when working but this one has had the trigger "improved" to lighten it as they are quite heavy and had too much metal taken off.
    The result is it now won't cock at all.the part p41 coupling needs renewing to get it working again.It seems there are no parts available for these at all which in effect has made it scrap,which is poor,no,non existent backup for what was a pistol costing about £150 all in at the time.
    I don't fancy trying to make one so if anyone knows if it's at all possible to source this part I would be most appreciative.

Cometa Indian pistol repair

Looking at the sear ( part 41) if you have a dremel or if not swiss files, you can elongate the oval hole ( elongate it to the left as you look at the diagram) this will give you more sear engagement. Only elongate by about 1mm. I have done this myself to one of these pistols in the past with excellent results.
    Otherwise you can try Manchester Airguns ,who will order the part for you or John Knibbs also.

pete

Thanks.I'll have a go at that,can't do any harm as the parts useless as it is.

cometa indian pistol repairs

Let me know if you succeed.

Pete.

Alternatively if you know any engineers the missing steel could be put back with a blob of weld and filed or ground to the correct profile. This could be a backup option if flatrajectory's suggestions won't sort it. Good luck anyway.

Torrens

Well,no luck with that.It looked good but just won't hold on to the piston even after much reshaping.No luck on the parts front either.Looks like they are disposable as far as spares go.