Thread: webley longbow

webley longbow

Hi i am currently in the process of getting my self a webley longbow .177 its an early 2007 model will this be a brum or a turk? Also have I got a good gun or should i not get it. Sold my qb78 as co2 was costing to much.

longbow

hi, on the left hand side of breach, where it says makers name,if its in gold colored lettering, then its a turk,better if you can get brum built model,good luck.

Further to Basa's post, have a read of this thread to help clarify the origin (Inc.pics). HTH's

see that thread says im not allowed must be cos im a newbie.

Don't buy a Turkish gun. Be patient, keep an eye on for sale section for an English gun.

Is it that much of a difference between a brum and and a turk? I have been offered it for £135 is that cheap for a brum one? The stock has been messed with a little but im buying it to shoot not to look at so I can live with that.

Oh and I can now see that thread That was linked dunno if a mod/admin has been kind and unlocked me early but if so many thanks.

paddy

Smile longbow

hi paddy,my young brother in law has a tuned turk l/bow does everything he needs it to,at £135 your not going to get a top brummy bow,so offer a bit less and enjoy yourself,with the turk.good luck.

I've a Turkish Xocet, really can't fault it other than being a little twangy. Was contemplating V-maching it but i got it over a chrono' and 5 shots, 4fps spread, shooting @ 10.5f/lb, have decided to leave alone as it shots so consistantly.

Quote Originally Posted by POK! View Post
    Don't buy a Turkish gun. Be patient, keep an eye on for sale section for an English gun.
    Yeah best advice there!!! That is what i did and bough one from a member on here, should be with me near the end of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't buy Turkish rubbish as i owned a Brummie Stingray and had a loan of the Turk version, not nice
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Further to Basa's post, have a read of this thread to help clarify the origin (Inc.pics). HTH's
    I remember that thread and wondered the out come. I had been looking for quite sometime for a Brumbow
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

Quote Originally Posted by poweredbypies View Post
    Is it that much of a difference between a brum and and a turk? I have been offered it for £135 is that cheap for a brum one? The stock has been messed with a little but im buying it to shoot not to look at so I can live with that.
    paddy
    Early Turkish guns were assembled from English made parts, though the fit/finish was not up to Birmingham standards (the old Webley factory bluing was the best in the business by some margin). As some parts were depleted the factory started to improvise, most notably with an awful trigger and stock fixing bracket both bird sh!t welded to the cylinder. Since then a better trigger has been introduced and the guns are somewhat improved by most accounts although you still hear stories of scratched pistons, unpolished cylinders, poor triggers etc. If the LB your buying has the original LB/Tom trigger and the proper profiled and bolted stock screw carriage then that's a reasonable price otherwise save a little more and keep an eye on for sale section.